Leopard trail cam photos

Kurt said the same thing to me, "behind the shoulder", I said center shoulder, his leopard is in the salt.

Kurt said the same thing to me, "behind the shoulder", I said center shoulder, his leopard is in the salt.
Understood...If I am high what then?...Do I split the body in half and aim on the shoulder?

3/4 up the center of the shoulder.

Thank you, guess I am a little nervous.....

broken shoulders are always a good thing. Your time is coming fast now johnny cant wait for you to make that report.

broken shoulders are always a good thing. Your time is coming fast now johnny cant wait for you to make that report.
Thanks billy, getting nervous I guess. I know the adrenaline will be pumping big time with a small margin of error.

Hope so . Specially since it's my first safari.

Stil saving for my first
Took me 40 years. I'm going to savor every second. Hope the hunting gods will be kind to me.

Johnny when the adrenilin kicks in, it will be a walk in the park.

We'll guys, don't quite know if this is bad news or not but my PH sent these pics this morning. He said due to the drought the eland were calving early so the leopards were no longer coming to bait. He said if we find their kills they would come back and continue to feed. He feels this is our best bet right now. I'm not sure how to feel about that. I'm kinda deflated right now.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny, stay positive, they need to keep adding bait to original baits.

Simon, I am sure they know what to do. But I can't help but feel very dejected. They said they are doing their homework. I know nothing about leopard hunting but I think I know enough to know this is not good.

Stay positive, Johnny.

You chose your PH and outfitter because you trusted them. They are going to do all they can to get you a cat, sure it may be harder work and nature can go against you but thats hunting. A hard earned leopard isn't something you will ever forget and all adds to the experience. Positive thoughts, their working hard their end, hunt hard when you get there and reap the rewards.

Stay positive, Johnny.

You chose your PH and outfitter because you trusted them. They are going to do all they can to get you a cat, sure it may be harder work and nature can go against you but thats hunting. A hard earned leopard isn't something you will ever forget and all adds to the experience. Positive thoughts, their working hard their end, hunt hard when you get there and reap the rewards.
Thank you sir. Just received another e mail he feels as confident as possible I guess. He said they are finding kills almost every other day now. He feels to find these kill is better than bait.? Guess he knows best. He will also continue to look and bait. I do trust him that's for sure. Staying positive....

I hope things work out for you johnnyblue, this calving early does not sound positive.(n):(

I hope things work out for you johnnyblue, this calving early does not sound positive.(n):(
I hear ya....My PH emailed me earlier and said they are finding kills every other day or so, if we can find one Mr.spots will be back....? I hope..Not the best news one week out I am afraid.

Certainly not the best news but keep your chin up. Trust your PH and hunt hard every moment of every day you are there. Good things happen to those that work hard and smart. There are a lot of trophies taken at last light, last day of the hunt.(y)

All the best.

Certainly not the best news but keep your chin up. Trust your PH and hunt hard every moment of every day you are there. Good things happen to those that work hard and smart. There are a lot of trophies taken at last light, last day of the hunt.(y)

All the best.
Thank you sir, I will put my time in for sure. I ve been saying I hope the hunting gods are kind to me.....Now more than ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross