slad68

AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Just a quick post to let everyone know that we have been successful in our DCA Leopard hunt on the Soutpansberg Mountain this week.

20131004_180848.jpg20131007_080649.jpg20131007_080730.jpgIMAG0010.jpgIMAG0018.jpg
IMG_8280.jpgIMG_8297.jpg

congratulations to both you and the hunter
he is a fine looking leopard .
how many nights did you hunt ?

congratulations to both you and the hunter
he is a fine looking leopard .
how many nights did you hunt ?

Thanks Bluey

We started last Saturday 5 October. At first things were slow. On Monday morning at 4:21am the Leopard made an approach to one of the baits, but we think that the infrared led on the trailcam put him off, so he never took the bait.

On our daily bait run on Wednesday morning 9 October we found a good hit on one of our baits about 5km from camp. This was the perfect place for the cat to hit the bait. The blind was set up early and we left the area.

When the PH and Client returned to the blind at 4pm the cat was already on the bait but slipped them.

They got into the blind for the long wait.
The Leopard returned a 19:53pm
It took us 5 days to get this outstanding Leopard.
The Soutpansberg Mountain is well known for some of the best Leopard habitat in Southern Africa.

Very cool. Congratulations to all. What an awesome cat.
I found it interesting that the bait was accessible from the ground. How do you keep other scavengers from stealing the bait?

Hi Stretch
Thanks for your input.

Due to the fact that we do not have Lions and Spotted Hyena that pose a threat to the Leopards they are not too keen on taking baits that are high up in the trees.

As long as the Leopard can reach the bait from the ground he is happy to take it. We do have Brown Hyena and Honey Badgers but that is one of the things we just deal with. As long as the bait is properly secured it is fine.

Congratulations Bossie,nice cat,looking forward to having a cold one with you when I am up there again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!