Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Source deleted

Last edited:
I agree - amazing videos!

Now, having said that, I have to say I'm not sure this would be for me. I've hunted leopard over bait, in a daylight hunting only area (Zim Parks) - and it's a lot of work, and uncertainty, and then you finally get a shot at a leopard - admittedly in a tree - but you don't have much time, since there isn't anything keeping him there. The slightest noise or movement from the blind and he's gone.

I've also hunted cougar with dogs, and while I love to watch the dogs work, shooting a treed cat just didn't seem all that sporting to me, and I have to say, it wasn't all that much fun. When we caught up to the dogs, I had all the time in the world to get my breath, pick my shot, and drop him. Anti-climactic.

Maybe I'm finding differences where none exist, but that's the way it seems to me . . .

Another video I found.

This is apparently the aftermath of poaching in Kashmir where dogs were used.

With the original sound and unedited graphic scenes which I had not shown before.
A leopard was hunted and killed, beheaded and skinned in a remote village called Dingal in Dadyal Azad Kashmir. Initially it's scent was accidentally picked up by hunting dogs out looking for wild boar with the hunters and a chase ensued ending in the unfortunate shy wild cat being killed. By the time I reached the scene a mile from my house with the video camera they had already beheaded this endangered species and were skinning it.
I was told that the head will be stuffed with hay and hung up as a trophy. Meat was shared amongst the onlookers who told me they'd be using it for medicinal and superstitious purposes and the rest of the carcass was carried away.
The leopard is a protected species in these regions and are a very rare sight. This was a one off encounter with a real one that I may never witness again. Whilst hunting wild boar is allowed, the hunting of an endangered animal like the leopard is illegal and the police made some arrests but I didn't get to know the outcome of that.

Think this is a new upload.

Wayne thank you for posting all these videos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.