Leopard Hunting Permit Issuance Halted In Namibia For The Remainder Of 2009

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by AfricaHunting.com, Jun 17, 2009.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Leopard Hunting Permit Issuance Halted In Namibia For The Remainder Of 2009

Without previous notice, the Namibian Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) has stopped issuing Leopard hunting permits for the rest of the 2009 hunting season in Namibia, just as they did with Cheetah earlier this year.

The news came from the Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) effective June 15th, 2009.

If you are booked on a Leopard hunt in Namibia for this 2009 hunting season, make sure to contact your hunting outfitter or booking agent to find out what your options are and if your hunting outfitter has applied and already received a Leopard hunting permit for you.

2. RogerHeintzman

RogerHeintzman AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
    Hunted:
    Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia
    Leopard permits halted

How true this is. I am one who did not get a export permit. I had a Leopard hunt booked in Namibia for this August. What a disappointment when I received word last week. I will still make my trip for I am also hunting in SA then onto Namibia. Will just have to rebook for another year.

3. La Bips Safaris

La Bips Safaris New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, NTB
    Please confirm with your outfitter first. Maybe they already applied for a permit before the moratorium. If the permit were issued before the moratorium on Leopard permits, you will be able to hunt your Leopard, if not, your outfitter should apply for your permit as soon as the new hunting season starts in 2010.

4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    I'm sorry to hear Roger. I hope that this won't interfere with the enjoyment of your hunt in South Africa or Namibia. Happy hunting.