Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Leopard Hunting Permit Issuance Halted In Namibia For The Remainder Of 2009

Without previous notice, the Namibian Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) has stopped issuing Leopard hunting permits for the rest of the 2009 hunting season in Namibia, just as they did with Cheetah earlier this year.

The news came from the Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) effective June 15th, 2009.

If you are booked on a Leopard hunt in Namibia for this 2009 hunting season, make sure to contact your hunting outfitter or booking agent to find out what your options are and if your hunting outfitter has applied and already received a Leopard hunting permit for you.

Leopard permits halted

How true this is. I am one who did not get a export permit. I had a Leopard hunt booked in Namibia for this August. What a disappointment when I received word last week. I will still make my trip for I am also hunting in SA then onto Namibia. Will just have to rebook for another year.

How true this is. I am one who did not get a export permit. I had a Leopard hunt booked in Namibia for this August. What a disappointment when I received word last week. I will still make my trip for I am also hunting in SA then onto Namibia. Will just have to rebook for another year.
Please confirm with your outfitter first. Maybe they already applied for a permit before the moratorium. If the permit were issued before the moratorium on Leopard permits, you will be able to hunt your Leopard, if not, your outfitter should apply for your permit as soon as the new hunting season starts in 2010.

I'm sorry to hear Roger. I hope that this won't interfere with the enjoyment of your hunt in South Africa or Namibia. Happy hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,