Leopard hunt in Namibia at an incredible price!

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris

Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, SCI
    Offering a Leopard hunt in Namibia at an incredible price!

Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris in Namibia has a Leopard hunt that just became available for 2011 which is being offered at an incredible discount.

This is a combination Leopard / plains game hunt that must be taken before November 30, 2011. For a list of available plains game species and prices , click here. Please contact me for available dates and any questions or further information. See all details below.

Discounted Leopard Hunt Price for 2011:
    Daily rate (1x1, 10 hunting days): $ 4,427.50 ($ 350/day or 36% off of regular price, additional hunting days may be added at this daily rate)
    Leopard tag: $ 0
    Leopard trophy fee: $ 3,500 (only payable if trophy is taken or wounded)
    TOTAL: $ 7,927.50

Our Regular Leopard Hunt Price (to see the difference):
    Daily rate (1x1, minimum 12 hunting days): $ 8,222.50
    Leopard tag: $ 750
    Leopard trophy fee: $ 4,000
    TOTAL: $ 13,022.50

The above prices include:
    - Ground transportation to and from Windhoek airport (one round trip only)
    - Government tax of 15% on daily rates
    - Services of Professional Hunter, trackers and drivers
    - All pre-hunt preparations and Leopard baiting
    - Four wheel drive hunting vehicles
    - Hunting licenses
    - Hunting permits
    - Field preparation of trophies
    - Delivery of trophies to local taxidermist in Namibia (unless a special trip is required)
    - Accommodations and all meals at Ozondjahe Safaris
    - Soft drinks
    - Daily services of chef, butler, maid and laundry

The above prices exclude:
    - Airfare to Namibia
    - Trophy fees
    - Leopard CITES permit
    - Hiring of arms
    - Disinfecting, packing, documentation and export of trophies from Namibia
    - Taxidermy
    - Alcoholic beverages
    - Expenses of a personal nature (phone, fax, etc.)
    - Gratuities to camp staff
    - Excursions and tours

Click here for more information on our Leopard hunts and trophy pictures.

Here are pictures of some Leopards taken at Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Jerome

Thank you for the pictures...you have a good group of happy clients....

i do not remember off he top of my head who was looking for a leopard hunt recently on AH...maybe they will jump in...this is a great deal...
  3. TOM

TOM AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
    Hunted:
    Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
    Wow! That is a deal. If i hadn't just come back from Africa i'd be taking this for sure!
  4. monish

monish AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    AfricaHunting.com
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
    Jerome,

Remarkable leopards!!!, thanks for sharing .... wish to hunt at you place may be in the next year of 2012 ....

Monish
  5. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Wow, priced to sell fast!
  6. Jim Rea

Jim Rea AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC, NRA, WVBA
    Hunted:
    U.S.A., Canada, South Africa, & Namibia
    Does anyone know if a cites permit would be available? I am VERY interested in this hunt.
  7. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Jim Rea

Send Jerome a PM and ask the questions you would like answered...

I am sure that he will provide you with your answers you are looking for...

8. Jim Rea

Jim Rea AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC, NRA, WVBA
    Hunted:
    Thanks James, will do.......
  9. Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, SCI
    Jim, We have a Leopard trophy hunting tag on quota for 2011 so we can apply for a predator trophy hunting permit for a client. Once the Leopard has been taken and the proper steps taken, an application for a permit to export a predator trophy will be filed to obtain the Leopard CITES export permit.

All importation permits from country of residence are the hunters' responsibility to obtain; we are unable to apply for them on your behalf. Prior to exportation of the Leopard trophy from Namibia, the hunter is responsible for obtaining and providing the shipping agent with the CITES permit from his country of residence, for more information on that read below:

U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service & CITIES Permits for Sport Hunted Trophies
    The import, export, or re-export of a number of sport hunted trophies may be regulated by a conservation law or treaty, which is implemented by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, and requires a permit. This regulation is part of domestic and international conservation efforts to protect wildlife subject to international trade. You can find up to date information on the importation of sport hunted trophies, how to obtain a permit, as well as instruction on how to fill out the application by going directly to U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service at Permits.

The importation of particular sport hunted trophies requires a CITES permit (i.e. African Elephant, White Rhinoceros, Leopard, etc.), you will need to submit an application to the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. You can download the CITIES permit application forms at http://www.fws.gov/international/per...orthunted.html. CITES stands for Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, visit their web site at www.cites.org.

Should either of the above links be broken visit the home page of U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service at www.fws.gov and just simply browse through their web site to find the link to the æ’¤ermit page, once there for CITIES forms, click on Application Forms?

Here are a few resources from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service which you might find interesting:
    Importing Personal Sport Hunted Trophies from Africa, Guidelines for U.S. Hunters
    Importing Your Leopard or African Elephant Trophy

Residents of other countries should consult their local CITES Permit agency.
  10. Jim Rea

Jim Rea AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC, NRA, WVBA
    Hunted:
    Sounds like this is near to impossible. You must apply 60 days before hand and need to know where you are hunting.

IF ANIMAL IS CURRENTLY LIVING IN THE WILD, please enter the following:
    a. Country and place (area, region, or ranch AND nearest city) where wildlife is to be taken from the wild:
    b. Date wildlife is to be hunted:
    c. Description of the trophy and/or parts you intend to import (e.g., skin, skull, shoulder mount, life size mount, claws, horn):
    Then you need all this info (Complete name and address of overseas person or business shipping the trophy to you (this name will appear on the face of the permit). If you are applying to import a trophy from Namibia, you must provide the name and address of the professional hunter listed on your Namibian hunting permit.
    Name:
    Address:
    City/Country
    5. Please be aware that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service must make a finding that your activities will enhance or benefit wild populations of the species involved. If you have any information that could support this finding (e.g., how the funds from license\trophy fees will be spent, what portion of the hunting fee will support conservation), please submit such information on a separate page with your application.)

Read #5 as a way for them to deny if you don't prove it enhances the population.
    If I could not bring my Leopard back, I would not want to hunt it.
    FRUSTRATING
  11. Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, SCI
    Jim, I can understand how the CITES process sounds intimidating however the process is pretty straight forward and I have never had a client have a problem getting a CITES permit. You should not have any difficulties getting a CITES import permit on time for this hunt and no matter what you can always apply for the import CITES permit after having taken the Leopard (see section E. 3. of Form 3-200-19). We usually recommend our clients to apply for it before the hunt for good measure however it is not essential to have the import CITES permit beforehand...

The cost of the application for the Import of Sport-hunted Trophies such as the Southern African Leopard is US$100 and is payable by check or money order to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service at the time you submit the application.
  12. PaulT

PaulT AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
    Hunted:
    Aus. N.Z & Zim.
    Jim, I can understand, if you've not done it before, how all this paperwork can be a bit intimidating.

May I suggest contacting the good people at Coppersmiths, they have ample experience in dealing with these issues and should be able to competantly take care of your Permit requirements with very little grief to you.

Coppersmith Inc. - Hunting Trophy.com FAQs
  13. Jim Rea

Jim Rea AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC, NRA, WVBA
    Hunted:
    Paul, I used Flora and Fauna on my first Safari to South Africa. They could provide this service as well, I think. Thank you for the advice. I will check Coppersmith as well.

Jerome, I have sent you an email.
  14. Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, SCI
    This hunt has been sold, thank you for all of the interest.