Leftwing UK newspaper was at SCI

Seems to be lost on the writer that if Pere David's deer weren't "bred for the bullet" they likely wouldn't be bred at all . . . and the world would have lost another species.

So much seems to lost on these people. Vilification and sensationalism is the name of the game.

Seems to be lost on the writer that if Pere David's deer weren't "bred for the bullet" they likely wouldn't be bred at all . . . and the world would have lost another species.

In addition to Pere David deer, the Three Amigos appear to be doing well in Texas:

"Three African species of antelope, near extinction in the wild, are thriving in Texas. The Scimitar Horned Oryx, Addax and Dama Gazelle, nicknamed the “Three Amigos,” are flourishing on Texas ranches. Ninety percent of the world’s population of these animals is in Texas, with many herds owned by central Texas residents. These ranchers are conservationists who have proven they know how to save these animals. "

Daily Telegraph most definatly is not left wing.
MarkCZ

You would not think "The Economist" is left wing, but I've read less then hunter friendly articles.

Some "jewels" found in the comments :

- "Trophy hunters need to die of ebola"
- "you're no different than a murderer"
- "It is almost certain that the killers attending this SCI event look at people like Jeferey Dammer and Ted Bundy"
- "OK all you great hunters out there, if it's OK for you to kill an animal like a Lion etc.. It's OK for them to kill you or any other human being !! After it's only hunting so no difference."
- "Look at all the psychopaths walking around and not in jail as they should be"
- "Sad to think people can try to justify killing one of the 3k male lions left on this planet. Or kill an elephant that has feelings like a human"
- Wonder what they would say, and their kids, if someone shot there cutie dog for example ! "Wow look someone just killed Snoopy, great shot, lets have him stuffed or better chop his head off and hang it on the wall"

I really don't know if a I must cry or laugh

Some "jewels" found in the comments :

- "Trophy hunters need to die of ebola"
- "you're no different than a murderer"
- "It is almost certain that the killers attending this SCI event look at people like Jeferey Dammer and Ted Bundy"
- "OK all you great hunters out there, if it's OK for you to kill an animal like a Lion etc.. It's OK for them to kill you or any other human being !! After it's only hunting so no difference."
- "Look at all the psychopaths walking around and not in jail as they should be"
- "Sad to think people can try to justify killing one of the 3k male lions left on this planet. Or kill an elephant that has feelings like a human"
- Wonder what they would say, and their kids, if someone shot there cutie dog for example ! "Wow look someone just killed Snoopy, great shot, lets have him stuffed or better chop his head off and hang it on the wall"

I really don't know if a I must cry or laugh

they are living proof Darwin isn't using enough chlorine in the gene pool

Hi gvincen,
we don't have more anti hunters than most other places per head of population its just that they are more voiciferus and have been given free reign by ignorant newspapers. The level of ingnorance towards hunting in the U.K. is astounding. Someone who should have known better actually tried to tell me that all hunting in the continent of Africa was banned after I had just returned! We are no longer a rural society. We are largely ran by urban governments who do not care about the countryside or those who work and live there and there is lots of jealousy towards land owners.
The "League against cruel sports" are the main organisation opposed to any involvement with animals for sport or food and are so radical that they would rather the extinction of a species than it be hunted, managed. I am not too sure of my facts but I believe their membership is below 5000. The Countryside alliance (pro hunting) has about 150,000 and B.A.S.C. has about 100,000 also pro hunt.
Another point that I would like to make is that the "antis" hate people more than they love animals if infact they even love animals I once had my 8 year old son assaulted when out hunting. These folks are bullies and are more interested in imposing their will on folk than saving one animal.
Not sure why they pick on Americans but over here we tend not to tell many people about our activities, just the way we are.
MarkCZ

This maybe a bit offtopic but your last sentence brings up an interesting point. Hunting and especially trophy hunting is a very high profile sport or "issue" in the US. American hunters are pretty "high profile" while in Canada its a lot more "low profile". Yet at the same time the US has a bunch of restrictions in terms of importing or hunting animal X that go against CITES regulations. While Canada complies with CITES and doesn't have any import bans/restrictions of its own making, that I am aware of, nor have such bans ever been suggested by the government/politicians that I can remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.