Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Just bought a Webley and Scott Model 702 12 ga SxS from William Evans in central London. Only 40 years old, but at a cost my wallet could handle. I have a few pics I will try to post. They are not very good. I sent them to my son to see if he could make them better, but no luck, so here goes!!!

Jerome, need your guidance here on loading photos I have on my desktop!

Inside William Evans just after making the deal. If you can zoom in on the stock you can see it's pretty nice. I am pretty slow at this, but I have 2 or 3 more!

DSCF3217.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look close on each interior side of the coal fireplace, those are stock blanks, going for about $2-$5000 bucks a pop.

DSCF3221.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The kid salesman who sold me the gun. He looked like he just finished high school!

DSCF3222.JPG

Jerome, need your guidance here on loading photos I have on my desktop!
(y) Nicely done!

Just drag and drop your pictures or documents directly into your post and they will upload automatically.

Not sure how I ended up with two of the same pic, but I'll probably figure it out, or somebody on the site will tell me!

Will be at John Rigby tomorrow, hopefully will have another chance to practice!!!

Not sure how I ended up with two of the same pic, but I'll probably figure it out, or somebody on the site will tell me!
Fixed. No worries, this has happened to me before as well, easy enough to click on the button twice...

Will be at John Rigby tomorrow, hopefully will have another chance to practice!!!

Congratulations on your purchase. It looks great.

Are you meeting with Marc tomorrow? Enjoy your time at Rigby's new facilities.

If you look close on each interior side of the coal fireplace, those are stock blanks, going for about $2-$5000 bucks a pop.

View attachment 161743

Congratulations! But.......wood stock blanks that run $2-5K....... being stored next to a fireplace?! I think this explains a few things about @spike.t and his main island brethren. ;):)

........But.......wood stock blanks that run $2-5K....... being stored next to a fireplace?! ..........

Buddy, its England. They have to store them beside the fire place to keep them dry. :)
(It's not Phoenix)

You working your way generally to the East. Any plans to stray off into Germany for a visit to the House of Mauser?

You working your way generally to the East. Any plans to stray off into Germany for a visit to the House of Mauser?

That's what he is getting by visiting Rigby.

Mauser factory London.:D

Buddy, its England. They have to store them beside the fire place to keep them dry. :)
(It's not Phoenix)

You do have a point. Get 3 feet from a fire in the U.K. and mold will soon set in.

Congratulations on your purchase. It looks great.

Are you meeting with Marc tomorrow? Enjoy your time at Rigby's new facilities.
The secretary knows I'll be there. Don't know if Marc will be there or not.

The secretary knows I'll be there. Don't know if Marc will be there or not.

I was there a couple of years ago. Fairly soon after they moved back to London. Glad they are in London. Rigby should not be a California company!

Rigby is a little more of a factory type setting than the showrooms of William Evans, H&H, Anderson Wheeler, James Purdey. Ask to see if you can take a tour through the back. Amazing to me what goes on in such a small area. Hopefully Marc will be there. He is a great guy. I get the idea that he and @spike.t are pretty good buds.

Congradulations on the gun! I told you they are really nice at william evans. I enjoyed my visit there about a month ago and that young pup of a gun room salesman is very knonledgeable when it comes to doubles and british hunting. Not so much did we agree on best scopes he really loves Zeiss and they are good, but I prefer Schmidt & Bender. alot of the new doubles he had there were of spanish origin.
Rigby is a different bird of a place as they are on the other side of the Thames in a decidely wharehouse down trodden area, but they are nice people. I guess they could no longer afford to be in central london high dollar turf. did you go across the street to the berretta store it is nice like 3 floors guns 3rd frloor, young pup in there is nice too.

Congratulations on the shotgun, very nice, envy you going to Rigby shop, someday I will make it there! I'm not even greedy, I would be delighted with a big game 416 R
Have fun,
Cody

Wonderful classic English boxlock! Can't tell you how happy I am for you, and what an excellent choice you made. It will take just a bit of time to get familiar with it. Don't be frustrated. It is like moving from a broadsword to a rapier. When it clicks in, it will be deadliest thing you have ever used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross