Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
I managed to shoot my biggest Muntjac buck to date last night. Im going to send him off to measured as I think he could be a medal buck. It was quick shot to take him as he was moving around in thick cover and was only presenting shots for a second at a time, so I had no idea how good he was until I walked up to him.

He was shot in an area of the estate that I have shot a lot of deer from and I had not seen him before. It just goes to show that you dont get like that by being stupid. He wasn't a particularly old deer and was in great condition.

IMG_1612.JPG

Here are some other big boys ive shot this season as a comparison.

IMG_1708.JPG

This is another nice buck and was a very old beast.

IMG_2256.JPG

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Best wishes,

Tom

Tom, you know that's on my wish list big time!!!! Congrats.

I have to say they are my favorite of the UK deer species to stalk. They rarely leave cover making them hard to spot and then are always shifting around making taking a shot a challenge.

Congrats! Definitely on my list someday.

All look good to me, Muntjac are so cool. Congrats.

So they are about 10cm?

They are all great looking.

Congratulations.(y)

So they are about 10cm?

Yes, each antler is about 10cm in length and both have a 1 cm brow tine. A nice symmetrical head, so hopefully it makes the grade.

those little guys ,sure do look delicious.........

those little guys ,sure do look delicious.........

They not only look it, but taste it. The best venison I have eaten is a Muntjac.

Very late posting this but he is cleaned up and ready to be mounted on a shield. I took this pic before I stuck his canines back in so you can see the size of them and the damage they can cause fighting

IMG_2570.JPG

Very late posting this but he is cleaned up and ready to be mounted on a shield.

Very cool, thank you.

Here are some pictures of Muntjac from AH Photo Gallery.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Dracula with cloven hoofs.

Congrats on your success. thanks for sharing.

This is another one of those species, like the Vallie was for me, that I had zero interest in until I started hearing about where they lived and how they are hunted.

One of these days.

They are not shy to use those teeth as one of our beaters dogs has found out two weeks in a row

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.