KYRGYZSTAN: Marco Polo Hunt

Between your report and Ardent's thread regarding Rhinocon, it sounds like Theo is doing his best to destroy his own reputation and name. Theo, it would be nice to hear your side of this story. Feel free to respond.

So this is definitely the same Theo?

The whole "he's a nice guy who got caught in a bad situation" argument seems to be quickly diminishing if it is....

So this is definitely the same Theo?

The whole "he's a nice guy who got caught in a bad situation" argument seems to be quickly diminishing if it is....

1. mykc report

Hunters; Steve and Craig Hunting ibex, I was hunting Marco Polo.
Dates; First 10 days of November.
Booking agent; Theo Blignaut Skin Africa consulting
Outfitter; Rinat Subanov. The contract has the company as Kyrgyzhunt adventure outfitters, The letter of invitation has the company as Argali LTD.

2. Ardent report

I have paid in full for a White Rhino hunt, my trip is supposed to be in January. Unfortunately, I received an email recently stating all communications are now to go through him, and not my agent Theo / SkinAfrika (a very good guy I've dealt with before), and to pay him an undisclosed amount (Mr Bakker). I replied that I'm paid in full, and not sure what is going on, and have been cordial so far.

Royal,

Certainly seems to be by the way I read it.

All the best.

Where there is smoke, there is fire!

Isn't this Theo born in South Africa, and then for some kind of reason move and living in Ukraine ?

I think he is married to a Ukrainian but I was under the impression that he still spends most of his time in South Africa.

Mike.

Thanks for the hunting report. It is certainly not a report I enjoyed reading. I feel for you in your plight. Reports like yours are certainly where I learn the most about an outfitter and agent.

Between your report and Ardent's thread regarding Rhinocon, it sounds like Theo is doing his best to destroy his own reputation and name. Theo, it would be nice to hear your side of this story. Feel free to respond.

Your report is educational and a warning to all of us that hunt.

Thank You!

pretty certain Theo ,was banned a couple of years ago , wheels
I remember I was talking to him about a hunt in Namibia ,then it said ,he was banned ,

pretty certain Theo ,was banned a couple of years ago , wheels
I remember I was talking to him about a hunt in Namibia ,then it said ,he was banned ,

Thanks bluey, wondered why I hadn't seen any huntin deals from him lately. Sounds like the powers that be around here may have had him figured out awhile back.

If he got "banned" from this site can depend on that he is not a straight forward person. But I meet a outfitter last year in Mpekweni that unfortunately also get "banned" from the site because he was questioned a buffalo hunt in SA. He say there was a soft argument regarding a discounted price from a safari agent on this site that was actually not discounted at all, anyhow this what he told me.

Sorry, I slipped away from the main subject.

I had not heard that Theo was banned from this site??? Interesting. Bruce

I had not heard that Theo was banned from this site??? Interesting. Bruce

If you look someone up and there is a line through their username. It's a sign.

I will direct people to the guidelines and if they don't get it after that they may be banned.
There are some pretty simple rules that have to be followed. Some examples.

One of those rules is not using the PM system to solicit Members.

Slagging hunt offers is the next best thing to spamming.
  • Don't hijack threads/topics. This includes (but not limited to) purposely changing the subject, posting in someone's sales thread to offer your opinion when you have no intention of buying.
http://www.africahunting.com/help/guidelines

If you want to debate a subject create a thread OR search the threads and comment on one that has already been started.

Crooks make me sick. I feel bad fir the hunters who get taken!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!