Kudos to Elite for INCREDIBLE customer service!

INGOZI

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
ABO, SCI, SABA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Zambia, United States
Hi guys,

I am a man that firmly believes in giving due where it is deserved and what I have experienced from the guys at Elite the past few weeks have been nothing short of incredible. Here is the story:

A month or so ago I was hunting a mountain range near town for Mountain Reedbuck when a rocky outcrop I had been standing on gave way and sent me and my bow tumbling down some 8 feet, bouncing all over rocks the sizes of which varied from a football to a Volkswagen. I took quite the beating and so did my spotless Elite Hunter. I was cut, bruised and bleeding quite bad but as I picked my bow up a cold shiver ran down my spine. Both cams looked like soup bowls, the string was nearly severed, limb pocket busted, riser dented and my sight's scope completely broken off.

My hunting season was effectively over, two cracked ribs, twisted ankle and really bad back pain plus the fact that my bow was nothing more than a door stop. I was livid. But I nevertheless called on Maggie at Elite, explaining my story. A few minutes after talking to her I get a mail stating she is sending me New Cams, New Modules, New Axles, New Shims, New Drawstops and even offered to replace my string!! This was IN NO WAY Elite's problem, I was the idiot who went for a headlong dive down a mountain, using my bow as a snowboard. Busting up my bow was never a warranty issue, it was my fault, hands down, no question about it. But without me asking they offered to send all the parts I needed, AT NO CHARGE, halfway across the world! I was stunned...

Never have I experienced service like that, and there was no obligation on her part to do anything and I can assure you I am nobody special, I was just a hunter with a good dose of bad luck and in need of help.

Kudos Elite, I can assure you that you have absolutely cemented my faith in you,

Sincerely,

Engee Potgieter
Outdoor Writer
Professional Hunter

Wow, that was a nice gesture! Glad you made off the mountain.

Sorry to hear of your accident.

It is always great to find a company that truly stands behind their products. I have had the same luck with Leupold, I had 1 scope (brand new) got kicked by a horse, coincidently bending it like a horseshoe LOL) I sent it in to be fixed and they repaired it and sent it back free of charge within a week. 2 years ago I managed to drop my gun from a treestand and it plinked (for those familiar with the price is right) down my tree steps. One cap was dented and I didn't want to take any chances with it so sent it in, they pulled it apart and looked it over for free.

Swarovski has also been good to me. Their rubber eye cups have a tendency to come off after bouncing along on horseback for awhile (a long while). The 1st time it happened they sent me a new eyecup free, the second they said they would send another for free and when I asked to buy 4 more for spares to save the hassle of waiting during hunting season for new ones if it happened again, they sent an additional 4 out for free!

Its good to know that Elite is also that caliber of company.

Hep, you can't go wrong with Leupold or Swarovski!

Sorry to hear of your accident.

It is always great to find a company that truly stands behind their products. I have had the same luck with Leupold, I had 1 scope (brand new) got kicked by a horse, coincidently bending it like a horseshoe LOL) I sent it in to be fixed and they repaired it and sent it back free of charge within a week. 2 years ago I managed to drop my gun from a treestand and it plinked (for those familiar with the price is right) down my tree steps. One cap was dented and I didn't want to take any chances with it so sent it in, they pulled it apart and looked it over for free.

Swarovski has also been good to me. Their rubber eye cups have a tendency to come off after bouncing along on horseback for awhile (a long while). The 1st time it happened they sent me a new eyecup free, the second they said they would send another for free and when I asked to buy 4 more for spares to save the hassle of waiting during hunting season for new ones if it happened again, they sent an additional 4 out for free!

Its good to know that Elite is also that caliber of company.

That is fantastic service! Good to know there are still such companies, may they prosper for many years!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg