Krieghoff Classic Big 5 470 NE

Gundog

Reaction score
Like new Krieghoff Double rifle in 470 Nitro Express for sale ( No ejectors, extractors only). Rifle has fired less than 10 shots. Location Sweden.

Price 6500 Euro. Included is 100 rounds of factory ammo. Norma and Krieghoff, both softs and solids.

Export is for buyers account and arrangements.

FB_IMG_1472974700302.jpg
FB_IMG_1472974692792.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking rifle,good luck selling it. John

Nice double!

This seems like a heck of a buy for something less than $7500. I'm not sure what the cost would be to ship/import to the USA. Perhaps @cal pappas or @Velo Dog could help on that? But if it were $1000 or less I'd think someone would be doing well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame it's not in 375 if it was I'd be on the ferry in my car to get it. If you struggle try Holtsauctioneers.

If you already have a connection with a full time importer, you can probably make it work, but plan on several months minimum. IMO. About three weeks ago, I cancelled an import deal on a .404J out of South Africa. The shop I was using in the U.S. had not imported before so had to start from scratch, which is allowed as long as you don't intend on doing it on a regular basis, then you must have a different license. The new ITAR regs came into effect this past summer. My shop's business lawyer told them to back away from any imports and some of the AR work they were doing until the dust settles. So here we are, no .404J. Full time importers were already working under ITAR, so no big changes for them.

Any legal eagles out there, jump in if you want.

If you already have a connection with a full time importer, you can probably make it work, but plan on several months minimum. IMO. About three weeks ago, I cancelled an import deal on a .404J out of South Africa. The shop I was using in the U.S. had not imported before so had to start from scratch, which is allowed as long as you don't intend on doing it on a regular basis, then you must have a different license. The new ITAR regs came into effect this past summer. My shop's business lawyer told them to back away from any imports and some of the AR work they were doing until the dust settles. So here we are, no .404J. Full time importers were already working under ITAR, so no big changes for them.

Any legal eagles out there, jump in if you want.

You might want to check out the services listed here:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu.../ffl-dealers-usa-import-export.cfm?cat_id=952

Several of the London shops use Griffin and Howe. The amount they charge is not extreme if you are buying 10, $20,000 or higher gun. What I was trying to buy was a $2000 gun, so Griffin and Howe cost would be too high to keep the overall price of the gun in the area to make it the deal that I saw it as. I was looking at around $500 cost with a local FFL. Anyway, that particular .404J is history now. Have moved on to other guns for now.

Several of the London shops use Griffin and Howe. The amount they charge is not extreme if you are buying 10, $20,000 or higher gun. What I was trying to buy was a $2000 gun, so Griffin and Howe cost would be too high to keep the overall price of the gun in the area to make it the deal that I saw it as. I was looking at around $500 cost with a local FFL. Anyway, that particular .404J is history now. Have moved on to other guns for now.

Bummer

Great price for a K gun. Import cost will definitely be the deciding factor for many.

This seems like a heck of a buy for something less than $7500. I'm not sure what the cost would be to ship/import to the USA. Perhaps @cal pappas or @Velo Dog could help on that? But if it were $1000 or less I'd think someone would be doing well.

Hi PHOENIX PHIL and others,

It is hunting season here and so, Cal is likely in the bush, away from computers and such.
He very undoubtedly is tuned in on international gun buying and selling, as it pertains to current day.
But, for my novice, dos centavos worth, several years ago, I had looked into having Sabi Rifle Company in South Africa build for me a Model 98 Mauser in .404 Jeffery.
Their "express style" rifles are mouth watering and their prices are enticing.
However, just like sierraone described a couple or more posts back, I found the high cost and "government red tape" gauntlet, was more than I'm willing to endure.
This clear and present Government Bullying of the Working Class is a weeping shame, because there are some very fine rifles for sale, at reasonable prices in places like South Africa, France, England and several other countries around the world.

Stay Safe,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.