Kimber Talkeetna .375, anyone have one? Thoughts?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
Trying to decide on a .375 to purchase, and wondering if anyone here has one of these and can give some feedback?
Thanks

I have a number of Kimber rifles, but not this particular rifle. Kimber has always been a good gun for me. They are accurate and have a good quality trigger in them. I have Kimber guns in

17 mach 2
257 Roberts
308 Winchester
22 LR
my dad has one in 338 win mag.

They all shoot well and required no work out of box. If this model is anything like the others it should be a great gun.

I have one and I love it. Mine is a tack driver with every bullet I've tried. 250, 270 and 300. I have a leapold vary x 7- 1.5 x6 scope on it.The only drawback is that it is light and does recoil a bit. It also holds 5 rounds.

Thanks for the feedback guys, Larry I am glad to have finally found someone who owns one to get some input from! How long have you had yours?

Thanks for the feedback guys, Larry I am glad to have finally found someone who owns one to get some input from! How long have you had yours?
I've had mine about 3 years, they are very nice rifles though, mine shoots really well especially the Nosler Accubond 300 grain. I use reloader 17 with that particular bullet.

Larry, do you have any other .375's or is this the only one? Have you been able to hunt with the Kimber?

Larry, do you have any other .375's or is this the only one? Have you been able to hunt with the Kimber?
I've had others in the past. I had to Remington Model 700 but I didn't like those. Then I got the Kimber and the way it feels points and carries I love it. The only game I've hunted with it was moose, but I have not killed anything with it yet. I wish I would have gotten the quick detach scope mount on it. Because it points very nicely with open sights. The way I have it setup now with the Leopold varey x 7 1.5 x6 it is still a very nice rig.

Thanks for all the info Larry

Reed, this is a 300 grain Nosler Accubond and reloader 17 powder. Pretty nice group, can't shoot like I used to though I'm getting old.

Attachments

• 20150911_161508.jpg
    20150911_161508.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 183
I have one and it shoulders great and is very well built and seems like it would be great to carry and hunt with since it is relatively light.

Sadly, I have not been able to shoot mine and will probably try to sell it if I ever get around to it. I have a stainless Winchester M70 in 375 H&H that fills the same niche for me so the Kimber never made it out to the range or on a hunt.

Vette,

Thanks for the reply. I also am looking at Win model 70, but cant find one in ss and synthetic or composite. How long have you had the Win? How about the Kimber?

The Winchester is a long out of production stainless/synthetic called the Classic Stainless. I am in the process of doing some upgrading on it now with a McMillan stock and some other goodies. I have only have the Winchester about 8-9 months but have had the Kimber for a few years. I don't come across the Talkeetnas very much so I think they are still somewhat rare and limited in production. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Gentlemen,

Thanks you all for your replies about the Kimber, sounds like I cant go wrong if I opt of one!

Thank you to all who have commented in this thread and other threads in my search for my first .375! I have decided to go with the Kimber Talkeetna, which will be put into use in 2016 going after cape buffalo!

Good choice! Best of luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross