Ed Hawkins

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, RMEF, DU, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, USA
I was wondering if any of you own or have any experience with the Kimber Caprivi. I'm looking for a 375H&H and this is one of the recommendation I got.

I have never tried one , but have heard of a few feeding problems with them. I would rather go for the CZ.

I once played with one in a shop.

The action was smooth as butter and better than most of the really expensive German rifles.

Cheers

not sure about the Kimber as ive never seen one of their rifles up close. but if i was going to buy another 375 H&H it would probably be a Sako Brown Bear.

-matt

If you looking at other options I would suggest Mauser Mo3.

I have a couple of them and they are super.

A beautiful gun for sure. I really wanted one then I woke up and bought a .375 Ruger for a third the price. I love Kimber guns so you should seriously consider it.
Philip

I have the brother model the Talkeetna in .375. Great gun, well balanced, feels great, shoots great!

My local gunshop carry's Kimber. Nice guns. I think they're a little pricey a nice CZ would be my choice. I almost bought there pro Hunter in 243 win. But at a grand for a plastic stock in one size and one color only. Plus the action was smooth as butter but it looked skeleton like, like a cheap Mossberg or other budget rifle. Has a claw extractor but it's skinny, not like a beefy milsurp Mauser extractor and the bolt handle looked like something off a kids rifle , a cricket or youth model little bolt handle. I know there good guns. I'm just telling you what my eyes saw and I ended up ordering the CZ and was glad I did cause it's a tack driver and a sexy one at that

Like @Philip Glass did I bought a Ruger and have been very pleased!

A CZ is a chevy pickup; reliable, sturdy, and gets the job done. With the Caprivi, you are getting into performance car range. It is well balanced, extremely accurate, and is utterly dependable. I, personally, have never heard of one with a feeding problem. On the other hand, a cottage industry has grown up around turning the CZ into a reliable rifle.

Ed,
I have a Caprivi in 458 Lott. It is a great rifle, well designed and I have not been able to induce a failure to feed. A very solid rifle do sure.
PM me if you want more info
Cody

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm going to take a look at the CZ as well as the Caprivi.

I have the Caprivi in 375 and have had no issues. It is accurate and well balanced. That's it in my avatar with the buffalo I took with it. Some people knock them because it is a "pipe" action, like a Remmy 700 with a washer type recoil lug, rather than a milled rectangular action like a Mauser or a Model 70 with an integral lug. That said, I am happy with mine and don't believe I will ever wear it out.

image.jpeg

They are fine. I have one that was the basis for a 404J custom. It's okay.

Now for similar money, they are a far cry from a Dakota Safari Rifle.

And dare I say, neither are as good as a pre-64 winchester 375 that costs half as much and goes up in value, not down.

Here's my 404J built on a Caprivi action.

It's what I call a stupid gun. $10k+ invested in a gun worth $5k. Buy a real vintage gun from rodda or Jeffery for that money. Or as mentioned, the pre-64 Winchester for less, especially if someone drilled and tapped it or restored it.

IMG_3501.JPG
IMG_3505.JPG
IMG_3509.JPG
IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_3507.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong @rookhawk, but I believe the man wants an out of the box Caprivi in .375H&H. On Kimber's website, they're listed at $3263. I'm guessing that you can have it for less than that at a retailer.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/caprivi

Haven't priced a Dakota in a long time, but last I looked weren't they in the $5K range and up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross