Heym 88

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
DSC
Hunted
US
Hey guys, I just bought a Kimber 8400 Montana in stainless. It's in 25-06 and I'm going to mount a 4-12 x 50 scope to it. The scope has a one inch tube, which rings/bases would you use. My gut tells me Warn or maybe Talley's, but I'm old school and have done all my mounts with Leupold, and Weavers. Which would you prefer Warn or Talley's? I would like my rings integral with the rings if that's possible. Your opinions appreciated.

I'm a Warne guy, Talley's are the same idea but a bit pricey. I like the way the Warnes float into the bases without having to twist the rings into place.

Both are good products, I have and use both brands on several rifles and have no complaints on either. However if I was buying today I would lean toward the Warne's.

Just my 2 cents

I have Talleys at the suggestion from HS Precision. After throwing them on my .300wsm, I changed my Kimber Montana to the same. I figure the extra few bucks is nothing when you spend good money on your glass.

Thanks guys...my scope doesn't have a lot of length so I may have to use extended rigs to keep them close together. Some of these European scopes don't have much room in length for rings.

Bought a Meopta 4-12 x 50 for it today. Ordered some Warne bases for it today from Brownell's. Can't wait to get it together.

Warne's worked perfect. Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois