Just Found AH

Steve Ausband

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Ducks Unlimited, NWTF, Black River Hunt Club.
Hunted
South Africa and Zimbabwe
I just stumbled on this website, and it looks very interesting and helpful. I've only hunted in Africa twice (once eleven years ago in SA, and again this year in Zimbabwe), but I've hunted pretty much all my life here in the southeastern US. I got off the plane in May after the Zimbabwe safari trying to figure out a way to go back. I loved both countries and hope to return some day. I'm a retired university prof., living mostly on the coast of NC, with occasional forays back up to a cabin in the Virginia hill country during hunting seasons.

Steve Ausband

Welcome to AH ... we would love to get a hunt report with photos for your most recent trip!

PS Retired professor is my ultimate career goal!

Welcome Steve.

If you would like to share a hunt report and some photos I know a group that is ready and waiting to read it.

Steve glad you are here and that you already want yo go back to Africa. My wife is from North Carolina and we think it's a great place to live. We may well retire to Ocean Isle someday.

Welcome to AH Steve. I got started hunting when I was in college at Va Tech, miss the whitetails back there.

Glad to have you as a member. welcome.

Please tell us about your hunt this year and share some photos.

Welcome to AH, Steve!

Welcome to AH Prof.

Welcome Steve.

If you would like to share a hunt report and some photos I know a group that is ready and waiting to read it.
Thanks. I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach photos to a report, though. Any suggestions for a technology-challenged person?

Steve glad you are here and that you already want yo go back to Africa. My wife is from North Carolina and we think it's a great place to live. We may well retire to Ocean Isle someday.
Thanks. We're living at Oak Island, NC--just two islands up from Ocean Isle. The fishing has been great until the most recent storms.

Welcome!!!

Thanks. I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach photos to a report, though. Any suggestions for a technology-challenged person?

Attaching photos from a computer is as striaght forward as drag and drop straight into the message. And we love pictures. Can't wait to hear your Zim report!

Welcome Steve!

Welcome to AH Steve!!

Welcome to AH.

All the best from Romania!

Welcome to AH Steve! Glad you found us and looking forward to having you with us. Just drag and drop your images directly into your post to upload them.

Hi Steve, welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard sir. Great site with some great folks. Glad to have you here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross