Jurassic Rifle

EDELWEISS

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US, Canada, Middle East(does that count)
Heres one for you... Yesterday the bidding ended for the rifle used in Jurassic Park Lost World--or maybe not??? Some sources list the rifle used was a Butch Searcy 600NE; but this seller claims he had a "rifle" made by LOU ALESSANDRI AND SON that was used in the movie. It was an unmarked except for Lou Alessandri and Son, double "rifled" 12 ga. done up with all the stuff youd expect on a high end Double Rifle (quarter rib, claw scope mounts, express sights, etc). The brass cases are heavy rifle like cases with an internal "rib" to limit "bullet" seating depth. A full set of hand loading tools were also included.

My guess is THIS one might have been a "stand-in" for the Searcy since it weights in under 10 pounds. I have to admit I was reeeeeely tempted. Yes because of the movie connection; but also because its a real 12ga SxS rifle!

I guess I'm alone in this but I see the virtue of a double rifled 12ga (and a 20ga; but that's another story). It would be the "purrrrrfect" North American Dangerous Game rifle for bruins and boar.

upload_2016-7-26_10-35-13.png

upload_2016-7-26_10-35-40.png

upload_2016-7-26_10-36-4.png

upload_2016-7-26_10-36-36.png

upload_2016-7-26_10-36-56.png

It SOLD for $5000.

@EDELWEISS that would look great in your battery.

Bro, I gave it a LOT of thought. I did want it but the seller couldn't confirm any load / regulation data. It only came with FIVE shells. I guess you could use "regular" 12 ga brass cases; but the seller said they were heavier. In the end I reluctantly passed but I knew Id regret the decision either way if I bought it OR not....

WHY isn't somebody making rifled SxS shotguns? A few years ago, I was excited to see the Chiappa Tripple Threat (3 barrel shotgun). I wanted one, even though they were selling for $1600. THEN I found out the trigger simply fires the "next" barrel. Theres no way to pick one barrel (even though the gun comes with choke tubes). How cool would it have been if there was a separate trigger for the top barrel and another for the two lower barrels. IF they had separate triggers, the top barrel could be rifled or at least used a rifled choke tube.....BUT noooooo they went for the bubba effect to fire reeeeeeely quick and ended up with a joke!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg