Judging my eland

gi jane

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
watermark.php

I just wanted to know what if any opinions one might have regarding my eland. I hope the pic comes through ok. Please forgive me but my ego needs some stroking, or not... I am very proud of this animal. He was my last and final hunt. Sigh. The last beast on my wish-list.
Cheers All,

Jane

Attachments

• DSC_1106.JPG
    DSC_1106.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Chongo,
:eek: Oh I also wanted to let my fellow AH members that I took him with a .375 Westley Richards. I hired this particular weapon from my PH Glenn Stockil on this hunt. He was kind enough to provide me with this beauty..

Jane

Congratulations Jane! it looks great! very nice animal. Are you going to take him to the taxidermist?

Thanks,
He is being worked-on as we chat.. I love that one of his horns is broken. He has so much character... I think he was past his prime. I pray.

Great! make sure to share some pics of the mount!

Congrats GIJane a fine animal, great brush, worn horns, a fine old boy one I'd say was past his prime and has spread his gene's many times. Good Job

Great Eland! Well done.

Nice bull. Sounds like its time for you to make a new list.

Yep thats a dandy allright! I will be looking for one like that next summer. Congrats!

Great eland, congrates!

very nice Eland,well done

where was he hunted ?

Hello!!
Thank you all so much for letting me boast and making my head larger.... I really do appreciate all of the compliments. I took him in Senuko, Zimbabwe.. Next to the buffalo the eland was my favorite hunt..

Jane

Hello!!
Thank you all so much for letting me boast and making my head larger.... I really do appreciate all of the compliments. I took him in Senuko, Zimbabwe.. Next to the buffalo the eland was my favorite hunt..

Jane

beautiful eland again well done

Congrats, a fine old bull, just what I have been looking for.

I m trying again in three weeks time !

Thanks Nyati!!
Where are you going? I have to say, the first time I saw an eland bull I was completely blown-away. The way their muscles ripple when they run, they are so large yet so agile. They are truly a magnificent animal. Good luck and I am quite envious... I was very lucky to have taken this animal. Very blessed indeed.

Cheers!!
Can't wait to hear more about your next hunt!!!!!

At some point I will write a good story about an up-close and personal encounter with an eland's brush..(My dad's first eland). My PH thought it was clever of him to let me explore the area thoroughly with my middle finger.. I thought I was being scientific and educated but I fell for that one BAD!! It's actually on video.... When my PH did that he opened the flood-gates to constant practical joking from that point on... Let's just say I got him back several times... and then some....:p It was a great ice-breaker though!!!

Here's a different angle..
Hope the image comes through..

Attachments

• DSC_1092.JPG
    DSC_1092.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 159
Beautiful Livingstone's Eland Jane!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you