Its Grey wing season!!!

Imbambala

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
CHASA, Eastern Cape Game Management Association
With Grey-wing partridge season opened (1st May - 31st July) it time to do some wing shooting. I am off to Graaff Reinet to do some hunting with Conrad Kasperski at the end of June. For those of you who enjoy wingshooting you must come hunt Grey-wing.

They are considered by some as the finest upland birds in the world. Generally they are found in the Northern areas of the Eastern Cape at 5000 feet above sea level. Watching well trained English pointers range whilst in the felt on a crisp winters morning is pure magic. Here are a few pictures (sorry not professional) of my last hunt for Grey-wing.

The hunt vehicle and dog trailer packed and ready to go.
IMG_4493.JPG

Typical Grey-wing terrain.
IMG_4495.JPG

Getting up the mountain to find some coveys.
IMG_4496.JPG

The Hunt Master and hounds.
IMG_4524.JPG

Another beautiful vista.
IMG_4528.JPG

Hunters and dogs having a well deserved rest.
IMG_4529.JPG

Walking.
IMG_4534.JPG

Dogs on point.
IMG_4538.JPG

What a nice Pointers dogs you have.....I love that kind of huning, same way We hunt our creole partridge here in Argentina.....walking and over pointer dogs....!!!!!

Good hunt....!!!!

Does look like it would be fun.

Imbambala, enjoy your trip, 24 June we doing grey wing in Burgersdorp, with a bit of mixed shooting, some geese, gemsbuck and springbuck.

TMS have a great hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg