Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Last weekend during my pre-safari hog hunt in Missouri I experienced 5 failures to fire with my TC Encore. I spoke with the TC Arms service department and apparently the addition of an after market hammer extension is enough weight to weaken the hammer spring resulting in light primer strikes. TC will fix the Encore under warranty but they do not recommend the use of a hammer extension. They will install a Pro-Hunter trigger on your original Encore for a small fee.

WOW! Good information Art! Thanks for sharing!

Holy crap, that's a low tension mainspring! Hammer extensions are almost always made of aluminum and therefore light as a feather (for that reason...so as to not overly retard the hammer).

The exact same thought went thru my mind but according to my on line research and the TC rep over time the extra weight weakens the spring. That must be the reason the put the swivel hammer on the pro-hunter model.

I took about 5 minutes t install the spring, no gun smiting required. Several range secession later I'm happy to report the heavy spring solved my issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!