Is This The Future Of Archery

G Skinner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
Is this the future of archery . For me it's about the challenge ....not the change . This may open the doors even wider to allow people into the world of archery . If you don't agree with crossbows ...for sure your not gonna like this ! Be sure and check out some of Jim Shockeys' videos too .
http://www.crosman.com/airbow
Glen

Not sure I would call it archery. Need an arrow and a string for that to me but if someone wanted to hunt with it I would be all for it.
I would bet some states will have a problem with it and either not make it legal to use or make it legal to use in there gun seasons only.

It is a firearm that shoots an arrow for a bullet. Not a bow. I decided after 45 years of using compound bows to go back to where I started with a longbow. If I want easier I will break out my firearms.

I had to ask myself why I enjoyed hunting with a bow. Simplicity, becoming a better HUNTER. I have hunted with all kinds of weapons. I have hunted wild pheasants and game farm pheasants. Free range in Zim and fenced in South Africa. I have enjoyed it all. If killing the biggest animal with the least effort and in the shortest amount of time is the goal I guess I'm not a hunter.

Never seen this before!

This is definitely a rifle, 10 years ago a guy created a 10/22 barrel that could shoot arrows and was powered by blanks. Thing goes through every archery backstop I have tried it on. It one of those things that it super cool in theory but not at all practical. I seriously doubt any state will consider this archery.

I wouldn't quite call it a rifle, it's going to still have a limited range at 450fps at the "muzzle." But I wouldn't call it archery either. A bit closer to hunting with a handgun in my opinion.

I would have no problem with anyone hunting with it, but not during my archery elk season.

Wow. I wouldn't really classify it as archery but it sure is cool. I'd hunt with one.

"The Benjamin Airbow--- For the man that has killed a trophy of every animal on earth with every type weapon he owns"

I would have no problem with anyone hunting with it, but not during my archery elk season.

Not in my archery anything season.

Looks like a poachers special. Nice and quiet, accurate and easy to conceal.

An expensive weapon, I don't have a use for one. I think it's basically a tool for poachers. I could see it being used for taking game illegally.

Interesting post. Not sure if I would hunt with it, but interesting.

In the US, it would be up to the states to determine if you could use this Air Gun to hunt with, because it is definitely not a firearm or archery.

In the US, 18 U.S.C. § 921 defines the term “firearm” as: (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may ready be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.

The key term being "expel a projectile by the action of an EXPLOSIVE".

It would also not be consider as "archery", as the common definition of archery is "the sport or skill of shooting with a bow and arrows, especially at a target". Again the key term being "...bow AND arrows..." And this is not a bow.

I think most states would consider it an air gun. The common definition is, " a gun that propels a projectile by compressed air" Which is what this does. Now the question become what states allow hunting large game with airguns. Either way, this is interesting.

In the US, it would be up to the states to determine if you could use this Air Gun to hunt with, because it is definitely not a firearm or archery ................. .

Up here in Canada, if it can throw a "projectile" at 500 FPS it will be classified as a "firearm" and be treated as such.

Local wildlife laws don't allow Crossbows to be used in out Archery Seasons. Only Firearms seasons.

Wayne, couldn't agree more, unless you live in Ontario then fire away with your crossbow all you want during archery season ... a very big sore spot for archers here. If it ever came to it classifying it as a firearm should hopefully keep it out of the archery season!

The enjoyment of archery to me is sitting in a blind or tree stand for hours and immersing yourself in being part of it all. Not saying you can't stalk with a rifle or bow or air pressured arrow blaster and be part of the woods. But I just see more stuff in mother nature's awesomeness when I have a bow in hand and am trying to blend in! When I increase my firepower the range of killing radius increases and it seems like less often that a chickadee lands on the branch next to me. And all those damned red squirrels don't seem like they are giving up your position! Many times it's what your not after that makes your hunt memorable.

I think most people think what I am thinking but a crossbow is included in the rifle season and I hope this is never included in a archery season anyplace!!! :)
Tom!

A lot of urban areas are overrun with deer and this would be another option to control those herds without disturbing the neighbors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!