Is my bow good enough for moose hunting?

nuval.J2711

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
OFAH
Hunted
Canada
As many may know, I shoot a Bear Attitude 60# 27inch draw slinging a 425 grain arrow, not sure of the speed though. The legal limit for moose in Ontario is 54# and I have been worried that my bow, being barely over the limit, will not have the energy output required to go through the shoulders if needed. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Have fun. Shoot straight

Last edited:
I live in Alaska and know a few hunters shooting around the same for moose without a worry. Put it in the right place with a good broadhead and you'll be eating moose soon enough.

No matter what bow you shoot shoot you need to stay away from a moose shoulder bone!

Good luck , play safe and looking forward to the photos !
Glen

Just get close enough and use a knife.

Nuval ....where did you get a tag for ?
Glen

Bit light for my tastes and yes I have taken moose with bow and arrow. I suggest turning it up to 65lbs if you can and use only fixed blade broadheads. I like thunderheads. and as others said

Bit light for my tastes and yes I have taken moose with bow and arrow. I suggest turning it up to 65lbs if you can and use only fixed blade broadheads. I like thunderheads. and as others said
It's top weight is 60# but I shoot G5 montecs

I live in Alaska and know a few hunters shooting around the same for moose without a worry. Put it in the right place with a good broadhead and you'll be eating moose soon enough.
Awesome thanks

Haha! Where I am, that's pretty much the distance

Just remember to step out of the way. Never stick an arrow in when they are facing directly at you.
Great way to become a pin cushion or a spot on the ground.

We get our tags for Quebec
I got a calf tag for Ontario ......AGAIN ! Just be sure to check the regulations for Quebec , they may not be the same as Ontario . If you need to practice you know where I'm at .
Glen

I got a calf tag for Ontario ......AGAIN ! Just be sure to check the regulations for Quebec , they may not be the same as Ontario . If you need to practice you know where I'm at .
Glen

We started going to a friend's cabin in Quebec a few years back. No lottery and we can just get to know one area. Hopefully he will get his shot this year...although not if I see the bull first :sneaky: yep, I suck as a father :)

Your set will work, shoot straight, shoot true have sharp broad heads. I have only got a few with my bow, they did not go over 20 yards. The cool part is when you hold on a moose is all your pins are in the kill, 35 yards is the longest I have shot a moose at. Have fun

Just remember to step out of the way. Never stick an arrow in when they are facing directly at you.
Great way to become a pin cushion or a spot on the ground.
Like i said to my dad for Cape Buffalo, i would rather come home in my boots, not in a bucket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,