Is it too late to pre-apply for South Africa Firearms Permit???

Karamojo Bill

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Portland Chapter, Oregon
I leave for RSA in 11 days:thumb:. I wanted to use a meet & greet for getting my rifles through customs in J'burg. Can it it still be done? Any reccomendations on companies?

Much Thanks,

buckcurtin

I think it is too late, however Air 2000, PHASA and Gracy Travel provide this service. Contact via internet and see if anyone can help. I have used Air 2000 and Gracy and found both companies to be very helpful. Good luck!

I used Air2000 for my trip in May. They require paperwork in-hand about 30 days prior to arrival.

Call Shawn Kennedy at Gracy Travel. She MIGHT be able to help. 210-698-2611.

- browningbbr

I hate to tell you this but 11 days prior to your trip is too late. They need all relevant documentation to do the paperwork at least 21 days prior to your arrival in South Africa. It's pretty straight forward to do it on your own, click here for a link to an article (Importation or Transiting Procedures Through Countries with Weapons & Ammunition) with all of the detailed information you need to navigate this process.

Have an incredible hunt.

K-Bill, if you are still in a bind, look up my 06-04-09 post showing examples of how to fill out the SAPS paperwork. At least you can arrive with completed paperwork to save some steps.

Don't sign the forms until you get to the firearms check station.

- browningbbr

Karamojo Bill, click here to get to the thread that browningbbr is referring to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you