IRS woes

brushmore

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Remember with all of the fiasco with the 4457 replacement earlier this we joked about those of us that had to apply for an EIN that this would flag us later with the IRS? Well I just got a letter from the IRS claiming that I owe them a large sum of money! This look like it was because I needed to file an amended return this year and it seems that seem to have forgotten that I did this. I use Turbo Tax so they are helping me out with this.

I've never had an issue with the IRS, until now. Maybe I was just due. Maybe it's just a coincidence with the EIN and everything I had to do to get that ITN. But maybe not...

What would happen if you had destroyed documents like Lois Lerner? Don't you hate hypocrites!

I got my turn almost almost 15 years ago when the IRS overpaid me on a federal return, or so they claimed. A family friend was a tax lawyer and looked into it for me. He found that everything was filed correctly, I had been paid correctly, and sent a letter on my behalf to the IRS. Their response was basically, "We don't care. Give us our money or we will freeze your assets." The amount was somewhere around $150. I just paid them their money as going to court over $150 seemed like a waste of everyone's time. Knock on wood, I have yet to have further issues with them. I'm sorry to hear about your woes, hopefully it all gets cleared-up.

I was reported to the State that i currently live in by the IRS for years that i never lived here for back taxes due. That took a while to sort out with the state.

Then the IRS went and reviewed my past few years taxes and asked for additional money they thought i owed the IRS. My accountant had to wright them a letter (plus resend by us mail) and show the IRS where the items that they thought were missing were reported. This information was in the initial letter my Accountant had attached with the electronic filing. The IRS had failed to read attachment with our filing. Now the State taxation became involved and wanted additional money and this also had to be addressed with the state.

I think the IRS is looking for money and going after every one who has some...

As someone who has run afoul of the IRS I can feel your pain

Ive had a lot of problems with them in the past. The worst (and weirdest) situation involving them was when I wasn't home but my partner was and they came to my house and said they were from Club Maintenance (I live in a gated community) and they had to check for a supposed gas issue they were having at other houses in the area. Of course my partner let them in, but then they asked if there was any office area in the house. My partner asked them who they really were and threatened to call the police. It turns out they were IRS agents who were looking to see if I had a home office because I had claimed one on my taxes. Gotta love these guys...

I was at my parents rental when two guys in black suites showed up. My parents house had burned down and the IRS was fishing for people who were paying cash for construction work. They never said who they were until my father threatened them to leave... Govt

My mother is a bookkeeper and has done taxes for many years. I got a letter from the IRS claiming I owed about $1500 based on the church where I preach taking out a ministers' housing allowance. Of course I had to get all the paperwork together and send it in, but I called mom for tax advice (I do my own taxes, but it's nice to have an advisor.) She told me two things - first, they no longer use forensic accountants to check computer hits; they just send a bill and let you sort it out. Second - when you call them, be nice and act stupid.

She told me two things - first, they no longer use forensic accountants to check computer hits; they just send a bill and let you sort it out. Second - when you call them, be nice and act stupid.

That's kind of what it sounds like to me. The letter sent by the IRS was kind of worded like well we kind of think you owe this. It's pretty obvious if a human would have actually looked at this that it was OK.

I got no problem "acting" stupid, that's for sure. :E Big Grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross