Introduction from South Africa

Baie dankie Loodt

Ek sal skree as daar iets is.

Groetnis
Wouter

Welcome Wouter,
Great bunch of guys that chat here....

Very nice to hear from you, we had a great time at Geelhout! It is a small world.

Hallo Wouter,

Welcome to the best forum.

With the number of diversified rifles you have, I hereby declare you an "Honorary Alaskan".

Only Free Men may keep and bear arms, slaves may not.

Cheers,
Velo Dog
(Paul Ard, Anchorage).

Welcome to AH.

Look forward to your participation.

Tank you again for the warm welcome guys

Something I forgot to mention is that I am a big Barnes fan as well. We lets be more to the point I am a big premium bullet supporter no matter in witch form or brand it comes in. But I have standardized on Barnes because of the wonderful track record I have had with them through the years. I basically load exclusive Barnes TSX and Barnes Banded Solids where applicable in all my guns from 7mm upwards. On my smaller calibers I normally load Nosler ballistic Tips because of my application of only head or high neck shots.

I started off on the original Barnes and this progressed to the TSX bullet when it was introduced. I have dabbled with other brands due to stock availability issues or just plain curiosity but at the end Barnes has fulfilled my requirements to al tee. What I mean with this is that I am fully aware that no bullet can tick all the boxes. But the ones that is most important for me specially with walk and stalk hunting where I consume what I shoot Barnes ticks most of my requirement boxes namely good terminal ballistics, deep reliable straight line penetration, minimal meat damage, excellent weight retention(normally 100%), very good accuracy and lastly good external ballistics due to relatively high BC factors.

In no way am I saying that this is the best bullet because I fear that no such claim can realistically be made by any manufacturer, but as far as ticking a lot of boxes Barnes can definitely lay claim to that title. There are quite a few great premium bullet manufacturers out there and I only wish that more people can see the advantages of using these products. I have seen to many wounded and lost animals because of poor bullet choices that could have been prevented just by using better bullets. But by being penny wise and pound foolish has got its rewards.

Regards
Wouter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross