Introduction Double Rifle Recommendations?

I was late to post on this thread, and many of you guys that post regularly have hunted far more than I have during my life. Cal and Redleg can get too technical for me sometimes on the doubles conversations, but I still enjoy reading your disagreements. Redleg, since I have relatives in San Antonio, I may get out to your area for a lunch or beer someday. And Dog is always entertaining, no matter the subject, still hoping to get up to Anchorage to shoot with you someday and maybe meet Cal also. The three of you seem to have one opinion that is completely mine also. That is what "hunting" should be. I have never considered the idea of driving around in a vehicle until you see an animal you want to shoot, hunting. I have done this (in the U.S.) before the season opens to try and verify there is game in an area to hunt, but never used a vehicle to actually hunt out of. In my 60s now, when I go to South Africa next year on my first hunt, I will want to walk as far as possible relative to my age and fitness, and try to track the animal to within shooting distance. The sights, scents and sounds derived from walking and stalking are what the hunt memories are made up of. And the memories are the most important trophies to bring home and share.

Welcome anytime! Have just about finished the trophy room/guest house/gentlemen's club, and I can guarantee a Negra Modelo or Stella will be chilling in the box. PM me whenever you head this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois