Stretch

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA , Canada, Botswana
This is a painting that was published in a April 1951 Outdoor life magazine. This painting was specially commissioned for the magazine by one of the most talented wildlife artist "Bob Kuhn." It appeared with the article "The African Buffalo." I found the old magazine in my fathers attic.
DSC00347.jpg

Thanks for sharing.
Those action covers bring back memories.

Great picture stretch thanks for showing us mate do you have anymore of them
brick do you remember that edition ?:fishing:

I found about 25 magazines. Some are Outdoor Life, some are Sports Afield. Here is another interesting painting by Bob Kuhn. This one appeared in November 1950 Outdoor Life issue with the story "his Majesty, The African Lion."
View attachment 15402

Then there is the Outdoor Life July 1953 issue with the article "Pembe Moja" that depicted a bull jumbo taking a thumping to the head, yet continued his charge.
View attachment 15403

Another issue from July 1951 Sports Afield displays a tantalizing report called "You Bet They're Dangerous", highlighted with a broken tusk jumbo giving one unlucky feller a ride through the air.
View attachment 15404

Enjoy!

Great picture stretch thanks for showing us mate do you have anymore of them
brick do you remember that edition ?:fishing:

Just the style.

no good stretch im not getting it mate
the way the service is with this bloody weather i probly wont have it for much longer , until i get closer to shore
damn shame that :(:(

Nice, I love those old pictures/paintings!

I remember those old magazine pictures/paintings. Now that I am thinking about it, I believe my grandfather may have had a secret desire to hunt in Africa..... These are the only old magazines he would keep, the ones with the African hunting stories. I also inherited 3 of his Dana Browns Safari Coffee tins, (which I have displayed in my Africa room), wow, grandpa never made it to Africa. Thanks Stretch, for helping me remember those days.

Stretch, thanks for posting, but the 3 pictures from your second message do not open. Can you try again? The buffalo is fantastic. Someone in that picture looks to be in trouble...:fear::scared:

Stretch, thanks for posting, but the 3 pictures from your second message do not open. Can you try again? The buffalo is fantastic. Someone in that picture looks to be in trouble...:fear::scared:

I am glad everyone is enjoying these. Does my heart good. I will try to repost the last three attachments one at a time. Hope that helps.

I found about 25 magazines. Some are Outdoor Life, some are Sports Afield. Here is another interesting painting by Bob Kuhn. This one appeared in November 1950 Outdoor Life issue with the story "his Majesty, The African Lion."

View attachment 15452

Then there is the Outdoor Life July 1953 issue with the article "Pembe Moja" that depicted a bull jumbo taking a thumping to the head, yet continued his charge.

View attachment 15453

Another issue from July 1951 Sports Afield displays a tantalizing report called "You Bet They're Dangerous", highlighted with a broken tusk jumbo giving one unlucky feller a ride through the air.

View attachment 15454

Cool stuff!

thats a beautiful old hunting painting !

here is another old lion hunt painting

'after the hunt'

afterthelionhunt_zps2b6c5043.jpg

Attachments

• afterthelionhunt_zps2b6c5043.jpg
    afterthelionhunt_zps2b6c5043.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 90

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross