Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Hi all more bad news for the Gellatly family. With Alistair passing away earlier in the year his brother Rory unexpectedly passed away in the early hours of monday morning. I thought I would put it here in case any old clients are on the site. They have one surviving brother Hugh. below is Rory , PR, and Alistair
zambia 2006 010.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.

So sorry to hear, my sincere condolences to his family and loved ones.

Very sad news indeed.. condolences to the family and close friends.

My condolences to his family.

Prayers....

sad days , condolences to all his friends and family

Shocked to say the least, we jut had email comm's a week ago. Truly a good friend and a Great Professional Hunter, I feel honored to have shared many campfires with him. Some of my most memorable times spent hunting with Rory all over Zambia. A huge loss, he will be sorely missed.

I would appreciate any details for the funeral plans, my prayers go out for his family.

Adios Bwana Rory, see you on the other side.

Sorry to hear the news.

Condolences and prayers to friends and family.

Shocked to say the least, we jut had email comm's a week ago. Truly a good friend and a Great Professional Hunter, I feel honored to have shared many campfires with him. Some of my most memorable times spent hunting with Rory all over Zambia. A huge loss, he will be sorely missed.

I would appreciate any details for the funeral plans, my prayers go out for his family.

Adios Bwana Rory, see you on the other side.

hi yup he was talking to patsy a few days ago about paying a visit......... friends were at a braai at his on the sunday and sometime early monday morning he passed away, so yup big shock to all.......... spoke to a friend on the phone and hugh is arriving today or tomorrow and they will know then when the funeral will be, but it will be very soon.

A few pictures I located that I wanted to share, bittersweet memories. We were planning a hunt together for a Yellow Backed Duiker when I visited
him last year, guess I waited too long.

Rory at our camp in Bangweulu 1991, we lived out of the old landcruiser for a week!

image.jpg

The fruits of our labor, a nice Sitatunga taken about 5 K's from camp.
image.jpg

Rory and the crew with a nice Black Lechwe

image.jpg

Fast forward 5 years, Rory with my lion in the Luangwa Valley

image.jpg

Rory and I with my Cooksons

image.jpg

A few pictures I located that I wanted to share, bittersweet memories. We were planning a hunt together for a Yellow Backed Duiker when I visited
him last year, guess I waited too long.

Rory at our camp in Bangweulu 1991, we lived out of the old landcruiser for a week!

View attachment 52807

The fruits of our labor, a nice Sitatunga taken about 5 K's from camp.
View attachment 52808

Rory and the crew with a nice Black Lechwe

View attachment 52812

Fast forward 5 years, Rory with my lion in the Luangwa Valley

View attachment 52813

Rory and I with my Cooksons

View attachment 52814

Neat photos. Thanks for sharing them.(y)

Prayers to the family.

Sad news.
My condolences to his familiy.
I met him in Salzburg on a hunting mess.
He should be my PH for Buffalo.
And we was talking about his new gun he bought there ,a Mauser M03 in .404
"I 'm happy to carry this wounderful gun ,the last bride in my life" ,I remember every word from that meeting.
He wasn't my PH than,the Safari Operator,Rashid ,decide others.
Hartley Combrinck was than the mine.
And Hartley passed away last year........

Rory,you are in a much better huntingworld now, much to early,but no one can escape his destiny.
Greetings to Hartley, when you both are stalking at Dangerous Game in the wilderness .
Unforgotten.
Foxi

Last edited:
Foxi,

Sad to see such great men pass, but I guess all our time is coming...

I met Hartley once but unfortunately never got to hunt with him.

An old friend told me once when we were talking about life and death, he said "remember, we're not gonna get out of this alive"

So true. Go hunting whenever you can, share a fire with friends and cherish life, it's a fleeting moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg