In Memoriam - Greg Rodriquez from Global Adventure Outfitters Inc shot and killed

Buff-Buster

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
It's with great sadness I am informing AH members of the passing of my friend, outdoor writer, host of The Sportsman's Channels " The Rifleman's Journal". and owner of Global Adventure Outfitters. Greg was shot and killed last night during a domestic dispute in Montana. My prayers are with Lisa and his children. Greg will be missed by many.

Sorry to hear, I liked him as a TV host and writer.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Sad news for both sets of children.
My heart goes out to them.

Sincerest condolences to the family.

Greg was well known and well respected within the industry.

"Home from the hill is the hunter ".

Greg Rodriquez

What bizarre news. I had become friends with him over the last year from a leopard hunt I had been on. We had talked back and forth about a grizzly bear hunt in Alaska and now he's dead??? That's definitely not good news but I guess that if the police report is true then all should be warned that sleeping with married women is never a good idea.???....?:(

Well, unless the married woman is your wife. The story I read indicated that the relationship was merely a friendly basis. Either way its tragic, young guy, only 43 with a family.

Man kills TV host; Sportsman Channel host killed before gun turned

A U.S. man shot and killed the TV host of "A Rifleman's Journal," Gregory G. Rodriguez, on Friday. Police reports indicate that 41-year-old Wayne Bengston is the man who killed the TV host. Bengston reportedly found Rodriguez visiting his wife and his wife's mother. Bengston, upon finding Rodriguez at his mother-in-law's house, proceeded to shoot and kill the TV host. Bengston then assaulted his wife and grabbed his 2-year-old son. The man who killed the TV host dropped his son off at a relative's house, and drove about 25 miles away to his home. He killed himself at the home.

The case is still being investigated, but police know that Rodriguez, known as a television personality and host of outdoor programs, was visiting a local woman staying at her mother's house at River Lakes Parkway in Whitefish.

I am personally in shock. Greg has been a friend for 10 years. He was a great guy, genuine, congenial, always smiling and funny... I am at a loss. I send my sincere condolences to his wife and young children. He will be missed.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow myself included, have received clients from Greg in the past, my prayers go out to the entire family.

Sad.

Sorry to hear of the loss of Greg he will be missed my condolences to his Family.

Very sad news indeed. I always enjoyed his shows and his easy going demeanor. My condolences to family and friends.

Montana Man Kills TV Host Greg Rodriguez

Sadie Genni, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
By Sadie Gennis, TV GUIDE

Published 9:02 am, Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Montana man shot and killed the host of the Sportsman Channel's A Rifleman's Journal while he was visiting the shooter's wife, The Associated Press reports.
According to police, Wayne Bengston shot and killed Gregory G. Rodriguez, a Texas man whose TV show follows him as he hunts in exotic locations, around 10:30 p.m. Thursday in Whitefish, Mont. Rodriguez, who was in Montana on business, was reportedly chatting over a glass of wine with Bengston's wife, who works for a firearms manufacturer and whom Rodriguez met at a trade show. Although police don't believe the Rodriguez was romantically involved with Bengston's wife, the two had become friends, Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial said.

After Bengston shot Rodriguez in an apparent jealous rage, he beat his wife on the face and head, most likely with the pistol, police said. Bengston then proceeded to take his 2-year-old son to a relative's house before driving the 25 miles to his West Glacier home and taking his own life. Law enforcement later found his body with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. "It's pretty much an open-and-closed case. Homicide and suicide," Dial said.
Besides his work on TV, Rodriguez was also the founder and CEO of Global Adventure Outfitters, an editor at Shooting Times Magazine and a contributing editor at Petersen's Hunting, Guns & Ammo and Dangerous Game. Rodriguez is survived by a wife and two children.
View original Montana Man Kills TV Host Greg Rodriguez at TVGuide.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that no one has prayers or condolences going out to Wayne Benston's wife and son! What a shame!

I see that no one has prayers or condolences going out to Wayne Benston's wife and son! What a shame!

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Sad news for both sets of children.
My heart goes out to them.

I could edit for families instead of kids. Nobody benefited from this tragedy.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. also you may want to read post #11 our Good friend phil gave condolences to family and FRIENDS I think that includes Mrs. Benston and her son who were friends of Greg's. I however have no idea as to who Wayne Benston's wife and son are so I did not. One more thing need to watch who you point a finger at because you have 4 more pointing back at you, as I read through the thread again I don't see where you gave condolences to anyone, just saying.

Just so you don't think we are soulless drones, I feel bad for everyone who lost someone in this incident.

A tragic event that affected so many. My condolences go to Mrs. Benston and her son.

Bob , it doesn't matter if you did not know who Wayne Benston's wife and son were, they BOTH are human being's who deserve condolences and prayers for just being a part of this tragedy! ( we still don't exactly what really happened in that house in Montana to date) I did not know either one of them, but I will express my condolences and prayers not only to both of them but also to the Greg Rodriguez family for their lost! And, yes I did miss post#11, so I am sorry! But I still don't know who are the 4 other pointing fingers back at me! Use YOUR fingers and point them out! P.S keep in touch as I like your bio! You also have a GOOD first name!
Bob

Sorry Bob if you use your index finger to point then you only have 3 fingers pointing back at you, my point was you came on here shaming everyone that posted condolences for not doing the same for Wayne Benston's wife and son when in fact you had not done it yourself. I am sorry for the troubles that Mrs. Benston and her son are going through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurpfalzjäger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber