Impala solid bullets

Da Mamba

Reaction score
Media
Member of
SAGA
Hunted
SA
I have shot warthog, zebra,Impala and Blue w/beest with 375H&H 200 gr impala solids and they work extremely well, something to do with the cutting edge and shockwave. Small entry and exit wounds but vitals shatter. They now produce 270 gr which I am going to try on an eland in June.
Anyone else have experience with these bullets?

Last edited:
Moving up to 270 gr should be interesting.

Good luck with the Eland hunt.

I have shot warthog, zebra,Impala and Blue w/beest with 375H&H 200 gr impala solids and they work extremely well, something to do with the cutting edge and shockwave. Small entry and exit wounds but vitals shatter. They now produce 270 gr which I am going to try on an eland in June.
Anyone else have experience with these bullets?

Da Mamba.
Check out my previous report of Impala ammunition....:) I was lucky to find this bullet in 2009, since then I only use one type of bullet in my Sako TRGs HH375, the RN 270 grain IMPALA. I have shot everything from Roedeers to Elephants, Crocodiles and Hippos, used from 30 to 300 meters, and always same bullet, and same result... good clean dead and no damage of meat. I recommend this ammo, without any hesitation. Good luck with coming Eland.

I tested the 130 grain impala in my .308 two weeks ago for the first time. I used the recommended reloading information from impala and got a very good grouping on the target range at 100m. I decided to test it on a gemsbok. I deliberately took the shot on the shoulder at about 125m to see what the penetration will be and what will the meat damage be. The impala went straight through. There was a bit of meat damage, but it was far less than any other bullets I used and the best part was that the lungs were shattered. I am going to try the 270 grains in my .375 next and hopefully the accuracy is the same as what I currently enjoy with the 300 grain Fronteirs.

Kobus has a winner with these bullets!!!!!

The attachment is of a BWB lungs shot with an Impala 200gr bullet... warning not for the faint hearted!!!

watermark.php

Attachments

• BWB LUNGS.jpeg
    BWB LUNGS.jpeg
    738.2 KB · Views: 601
Last edited by a moderator:

Plaas12.jpg

Plaas11.jpgI have been using Impala bullets since 2004 and in my 303 will not use anything else. But people bear in mind it is designed to be used in the engine room don't try and go for head and neck shots only if the bullet doesn't break the vertebrea it will act as a solid.

One of the last victims of the 270 gr in my 375 H&H notice the shot was a bit high but at a serious angle notices the size of the holes for a suppose to be solid. I have don't havy any pictures of the insides but the top of the lungs was mush as I had to cut up the beest in the mountain. This old bull went 50 meters before dropping.

Attachments

• Plaas10.jpeg
    Plaas10.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 697
  • Plaas18.jpeg
    Plaas18.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 662
Hi, I Have tested the impala solid for the first time and have not yet made a kill but. I load 44gr and a 150gr bullet, the grouping are the best that I ever got from my .308 steyr mannlicher.
Are there anyone else shooting with a .308?

I have a .308 and have been shooting the Impala 130 grain LWHV for about three years with great effect. I use 42.2 grains of Sonchem S335 powder and get a speed of 2915 fps. I only shoot in the vital triangle and have yet to track a wounded animal. I have shot Blue Wildebeest at 350 meters and Eland at 20 meters and everything in between and each time there is very little meat damage. I won't change to any other bullet.

I have just bought a .300 Win Mag and have been trying the exact same 130 grain point and so far results looks good. I get 3467 fps with my initial load developments. I now want to see what it does out at 400 - 500 meters.

@ Bushman10, Thanks for the info. I need to go hunt ASAP to see for my self. We shoot a lot of "bosvark" and they are very tuff animals even with a good lung shot...

@ Bushman10, Thanks for the info. I need to go hunt ASAP to see for my self. We shoot a lot of "bosvark" and they are very tuff animals even with a good lung shot...

Warthog and wild boar can be tough too. Must be a pig thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross