If you had only One trophy...

A Sasquatch would be pretty gnarly....
image.jpg

Mine would probably be an Old Bull 100+ Lb Elephant that I sweated and worked for.

Altai Argali.

For Africa it is a close race that I think Sitatunga wins by a hair. Runners up, in no particular order, are Lord derby eland, bongo and Mountain Nyala. Ask me next week and we will probably have the same contestants with a different winner :)

My #1 choice would be the trophy whitetail buck that I shot on my own land (Minnesota) in 2008.

The dream #2 choice would Lord Derby Eland-with a nice roan following close behind. I saw a herd of roan in Zimbabwe and fell in love-I loved watching them.

Of the trophies from my 2013 Zim trip-Kudu, Waterbuck, CapeBuffalo Zebra, Impala and Warthog-My favorite is the waterbuck

I may be a little biased but I'm going to go with a Full Curl and Flared out Dall Sheep from the Yukon, there's something about hunting in the Mountains and the suffering that can bring that makes the harvest so much more of an accomplishment.

I am going to go with a Stone Sheep...My bucket list includes getting my grandslam of North American Sheep, and I feel that is going to be the toughest one to get.

A close second is going to a Leopard, in all the research I have done on leopards it seems like they are the most unpredictable and hardest to make the connection with.

As far as the 3rd - whatever choices - It is going be a combination of Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buff) and then the 3 remaing sheep, before I proposed to my fiancee she had to agree to never stop/complain/doubt any of my adventures for these animals. 2017 is going to be an interest year for me, I am debating between trying to find the right Dall sheep hunt, a management/tuskless elephant hunt, or holding out and hoping for a cancellation Leopard with a few of the outfitters I identified. Either way, I have a plan to both of them off just is going to take time!

I may be a little biased but I'm going to go with a Full Curl and Flared out Dall Sheep from the Yukon, there's something about hunting in the Mountains and the suffering that can bring that makes the harvest so much more of an accomplishment.

i promise you you can do some serious suffering in the african bush in the quest for a trophy bull ele.......maybe you should give it a go, and you will,..... if you succeed in taking one feel more accomplishment i think than hunting any other animal.

i promise you you can do some serious suffering in the african bush in the quest for a trophy bull ele.......maybe you should give it a go, and you will,..... if you succeed in taking one feel more accomplishment i think than hunting any other animal.
I hope one day I get to find out first hand what it's all about, maybe when i make it across the pond next year i'll get a glimpse. I've actually never had the honor of taking a ram in the mtns but I've been pinned down in the snow and wind freezing balls enough to know how miserable it can be

Something like this....

kingston-usb-30-1tb-whale-leopard-hippo-zebra-print-360447-adeevee_zpsjn0khqlc.jpg

Now, seriously, a normal hippo on land will do.

Attachments

• kingston-usb-30-1tb-whale-leopard-hippo-zebra-print-360447-adeevee_zpsjn0khqlc.jpg
    kingston-usb-30-1tb-whale-leopard-hippo-zebra-print-360447-adeevee_zpsjn0khqlc.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been Cape Buffalo only a few years ago, but elephant have really peaked my interest in the last couple of years. Of course, everything else on the planet is a very close second!

Zebra Duiker in the rain forests of Libera. Hopefully without catching typhoid, cerebral malaria or a bullet in the back in the process.

Spike I couldn't agree with you more, Theres just something about getting within 30 yards of a big bull Ele that you have worked your ass off the last week and everything comes together at that one moment, Wind, Terrain, Presentation & Shot placement. In my opinion it cant get much better than that. What a feeling.......

Without a doubt in my mind, Leopard... (I have one) so another and wild lion.

My best always

1. Bongo
2. 100lb Elephant
3. Lord Derby
4. White Lion
5. Leopard
6. Sitatunga
7. White Rhino
8. Cape Buffalo
9. Cheeta
10. Sable

Right now I think it would be a leopard, over bait, preferably with my favorite PH... Jaco Strauss, in Mozambique. A very close second would be a Kodak Brown bear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg