hunting year

Fritz E

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am in my last year of college in the United States and am in the process of applying for a Watson Fellowship. The winners of the Fellowship are allowed to pursue a project for an entire year, provided that they must visit at least two countries and not return to the United States for that year. Projects can be anything from learning about international Jazz music to learning how to build boats.

My project, if I am awarded the Fellowship, will be exploring different hunting methods around the world. My goal is to learn about many different types of hunting and hunting cultures. Essentially, I want to travel the world for the year, observing ("shadowing") different hunters and seeing how they hunt.

If I am awarded the Fellowship, I plan on being in Africa during August of 2012 (maybe September too). Would anyone be willing to let me tag along with them while you hunt? I would not be hunting myself (although I am an avid hunter!). I would be very grateful if I was able to! Also, if you know of any people I should contact, I would appreciate it!

Thank you!

Fritz

Great project, Fritz! I think it is fantastic that someone scientifically studies hunting methods and hunters. If you plan on going to Australia or New Zealand, let me know. I think I could get you some contacts in both countries, and you could of course come deer stalking in NSW with me any time.

This is a contact for some of the oldest hunters on the planet.
Maybe you will be able to work something out thorough this organization.
Good luck with the chase for the award and your project.
Namibian Environmental Directory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross