Hunting Water Chevrotain

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by AfricaHunting.com, Jul 9, 2012.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Information sent to me by Steve Kobrine from Steve Kobrine Safaris (www.stevekobrine.com) which he wanted me too share on AH!

Hunting Water Chevrotain with a bow...

[​IMG]

The first Water Chevrotain taken with a bow and the first legally hunted animal in Liberia in years. Chevrotain are 20 million years seperately evolved and are the most primitive of all ruminants. When I last checked there are only two listed in the gun category of the SCI Record Book. They are actually quite common in my hunting area in Liberia and I expect most clients to have success on the amazing little animals...

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Congratulations.Thanks for posting.

Ruminant?
    I see hooves and the tail looks like a Reedbuck, but that head looks like a big rat.

The Tiny Eleven!
    That should get some collectors motivated.

3. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    An amazing trophy! Anyone that has a small animal collection has my attention, it takes alot of time and effort.

4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Here is the picture of a Water Chevrotain posted by PH Christophe Morio in AH Photo Gallery...

[​IMG]
    Many years ago in CAR, we were lucky to get that funny and unusual animal... This is a Water Chevrotain, they live in the rain forest close to the water where they hide in case of danger.

5. Second Wind

Second Wind AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    by this point, just select 3 - 7 letters, put them together in any given order and I am probably a lifetime member
    Hunted:
    US, Canada, Mexico
    Oh no, no. no

This little guy just has that "I just embarrassed the h**l out of you!" look about him

I mean it would be one thing to be gored by a buffalo, mashed by an elephant or mauled by a leopard, really, if you lived the scars might be quite the conversation starter, but this little guy....

This is the kind of evil critter that flys you 1/2 way around the world, sends you off into a hot steamy jungle, has you humpin' through the swamp for a couple of weeks to emerge as just one empty-handed sweat covered mosquito bite.

Meanwhile,Mr. Chevrotain is stretched out my the river, margarita in hand, laughing his cute little a** off

All kidding aside, looks like a very unusual and worthy trophy