Hunting Vehicle Must-Have's

Discussion in 'Hunting Equipment, Gear & Optics' started by Bushman10, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Bushman10

Bushman10 AH Member

I have a Landrover 110 Defender Double Cab. Currently it has a canopy on the back. I want to convert it to a permanent hunting vehicle and remove the canopy and refit what ever is necessary. I already have built in compressor, water tanks, extra fuel tanks, rear diff-lock, front limited slip diff and two way radio. My question to you all is what would you like to see on the back of a hunting vehicle if you could design one from scratch.
  2. PeteG

PeteG AH Veteran

Got a winch?
    Saw a vehicle that had a couple of guides taking the winch cable over the cab to winch big meat up onto the back of the vehicle. can be handy!

Sump guard?

The usual gun racks and a small compartment or box at the back for miscellaneous bits, sometimes on the back of my vehicle i want to put something down and its either in the bed of the vehicle or on the roof of the cab, both options often end up with something broken!
    and its a land rover - a big tool box with lots of spares ;) heh heh
    I certainly hope your land rover is more reliable than my range rover!! it is a good vehicle - when it runs!!! :(

Will you have seats at the back?
  3. Heym 88

Heym 88 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    DSC
    Hunted:
    US
    I got a winch..when I called her that..I don't remember what happened after.Just sayin.
    PeteG likes this.
  4. Biddleman

Biddleman AH Senior Member

Hunted:
    USA, Botswana
    A fully stocked bar;)