Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
LIFE NRA SCI
Hunted
USA CANADA
Regarding dip/pack and shipping.
Lets say Namibia and South Africa.
I assume you would use dip/pack in each country as I assume you can't cross borders with trophies..........
Is it possible to ship the trophies from two countries in one container.Obviously this would involve transport within Africa.I'm thinking it would get quite expensive to get your stuff home if everything was done separately.
I would guess regulations would vary country by country.
Any advice from those that have"been there and done that"?

I'll let you in on this Monster from direct experience.

First trip, two separate shipments. RSA & Namibia. Zero issues.

Namibia has a trophy handling infrastructure commensurate with RSA's, so they can get the job done directly.
Also, they don't like to ship to RSA (cuts into the profits) and really don't do it that often.

Imported everything into RSA from Botswana.
Importing process required into RSA can be painful.
i.e.. Think of it duplicating everything (Importing) you have to do to get it into your country. Permits, transport, re-processing to local standard, re-export to you.

Regulations are totally different in each country.

With new regs in Canada about African critter imports making it more interesting than ever it was worth it for me to process all my trophies in one place I trusted in RSA.

There are companies that can get it done.
Saving money, I'd really wonder if you would.

I've looked at this briefly in the past Steve. I think it will push the costs up of the trip, but not impossible. If you want I can make a few calls when I get back from my next safari?

Yes that would be great.Thanks Marius

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaniaMorfo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!