Shallom

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunted
Tanzania, Germany, Austria, USA
The countdown continues, but the anticipation grows and the excitement of it heightens... the hunting season in Tanzania is just a couple of weeks away! The staff have been assigned to their duties, camp preparation is underway, equipment is being fully serviced, negotiations are underway with a grader operator to clear the airstrip next to camp, the boys from the village are hand-clearing the main hunting paths/tracks through the hunting concessions and the trackers are surveying the concessions for up-to-date information on water holes, game concentrations and movement through the Kilombero Valley! It is frustrating not being in the field with everyone and working alongside the hustle, bustle and buzz of OPEN SEASON!

watermark.php

My father is right in his wisdom - "it is dirty work, but someones got to do it" - so here i am in the office, taking care of the administration and management side of things - but not for long :) In a few days, I will be free to return to the Valley of Kings! To walk amongst wild lions and buffalo herds. To serve mans most basic instinct - HUNTING and protect his most treasured inheritance - NATURE. The Kilombero Valley is calling and the call of the wild is irresistible - it is a call never to be ignored and a duty never to be abandoned. For a hunter, it is the essence of LIFE - being part of that equation of nature and at the mercy of something greater and the only PERFECTION there is! The long wait is almost over... I am ready for it!

watermark.php

Attachments

• Wheeler Photos - Kilombero 073.jpg
    Wheeler Photos - Kilombero 073.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00823.jpg
    DSC00823.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
Shallom,

You lucky bugger, we're knee deep in the cull season up here in Bavaria, working at cleaning up the breeding stock before fall trophy season. That translates into very slow selective shooting without clients. At least the pigs are keeping us busy shooting them off the farm fields.

Great pictures of the camp, I for one would be interested in seeing more of the place. Good luck in the new season and be safe!

Beautiful pictures. Your camp looks amazing. Please feel free to post more pictures!

That camp looks great! I also would love to see some more pics of the place. Hopefully I'll make it there someday. Keep slaving away with the paperwork, It'll all be worth it once you are finally in the field!

Glad you folks like the camps... thanks to Jerome and AH, the Kilombero Kronicles will be an on-going update feature throughout the hunting seasons at Wild Footprints. Through the months, you will get an insight of REAL hunting in Tanzania and somewhat experience the feel of the Kilombero Valley as well as bits and pieces of what Tanzania & Wild Footprints has to offer to hunters all over the world. KARIBU TANZANIA - Safari Tanzania...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg