Hunting Safaris - Speaking of Pictures

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by AfricaHunting.com, Sep 2, 2011.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:

View the entire story by clicking on the following link: hunting-safaris.pdf

[​IMG]

View the entire story by clicking on the following link: hunting-safaris.pdf

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Interesting post Jerome.
    Seeing that anti hunting had an excellent start so long ago!

Very sad that those parents had such bad taste and were such moral degenerates as to allow their 14 year old daughter to shoot all those poor animals in Africa.

I am glad she left a few for us all to still chase though.

What year was this printed?

3. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Good story...sorry to see the animals rights getting a early start as always.

4. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    September 29, 1947

5. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    In that year the antis were more worried about the morals of that poor frail young girl.

6. Second Wind

Second Wind AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    by this point, just select 3 - 7 letters, put them together in any given order and I am probably a lifetime member
    Hunted:
    US, Canada, Mexico
    Jerome, great article but I think most everyone here is missing the point and I want to take a moment to get everyone back on the right track.

Now, I know personally what these people are all about. I have been confronted by them, I have been threatened by them and at one point an attempt on my life was made by them, but I digress;

The real reason, then and now, is that the anti-hunting / animal rights people were up in arms over this girl is really simple

We are talking about one hot little number.....man, by the time she turned say 26 can you imagine ? Whew, destined to be one spicy enchilada I'm thinking,

But, on the other hand, ever been to one of those PETA rallies? Honestly, where do they find that many butt-ugly women!
    I can take the signs, the tie-dyed t-shirts, the hemp skirts and the Birkenstocks but while I agree you can't hide "ugly" you don't need to make it your National spokesperson!

I just think we are maybe not talking so much about animal rights as a river of envy that makes the Nile look like a creek running through the back 40.

Now I do not say this to be unkind in any way to those misguided, intrepid souls charged with the protection of all wildlife everywhere, it is rather just my own factual observation of ugly people.

And Lord Almighty, I have tried to meet these people more than 1/2 way. In an effort at compromise I once told one young woman at a rally the same thing I used to tell my ex wife:

"Screaming louder does not make you more desirable"

I mean, I thought that was pretty instructive and valuable advice, well apparently not, one left me for a painter and the other hit me with her sign.

And, just to demonstrate that my heart is still in the right place and my intentions are pure, feel free to share these comments with the next ugly PETA woman you happen upon. I labor under the impression that constructive criticism never goes out of style

7. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Jerome

Thanks for sharing...i wonder how many safari that she went on after this great introduction...

8. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    James,

Here is what I could find, her mother apparently published a book called Screed of Safari Scribe by Virginia Feild Walton Brooks.

Memphis, TN: privately printed, 1947. Virginia Feild Walton Brooks traveled to the Northern Frontier District of Kenya with her husband, cotton magnate Berry Brooks, and their 13-year old daughter. With Donald Ker as their professional hunter, the trio bagged rhinos, lions, elephants, and a large and wide variety of antelope species. Original elephant ivory decorated red wraps. Illustrated with photos.

A review...On one of several trips to Africa Mr. Berry Brooks a renowned big game hunter from Memphis, TN. is accompanied by his wife Virginia (Author) and their young teenage daughter also named Virginia. This book is a narrative of their travels fom Memphis to Africa and their stops on the way. It also includes comments of their hunting and daily camp life while on Safari. All three take different game on their lengthly quest to the dark continent. Interesting reading taken from a time when African Safaris lacked many modern conveniences.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Jerome

Thanks that is along the lines of what i found for the family...it appears that the daughter was protected from the media after this safari...

10. Nyati

Nyati AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
    Very interesting, Jerome, thank you.