Hunting Pictures from Germany

Discussion in 'Hunting Europe' started by Foxi, May 19, 2014.

1. Foxi

Foxi AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    when you wish something to know about hunting in Germany try www.landlive.de-than the bottom Jagd-its not so bad.My nickname there is Katzenfutter(no word for the english tongue)
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Zambia,Zimbabwe
    Hi Gents,
    a few pics from home.
    Germany can be a hunting paradise.
    Rooes,deers,chamois,and really a lot of wild boars.
    But the good areas are mostly privat property.
    No normal hunting on public land allowed.
    When you are staying, as a soldier in Germany,ask your commander for hunting on a military training ground.
    These are really best places (Grafenwöhr,Hohenfels,Baumholder and someone) for you to hunt.
    Greetings from Munic
    Foxi

Attached Files:

2. Craig Willey

Craig Willey BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Member

Hunted:
    USA & Germany
    That is a good Bock! I work for the US Army and hunt at Hohenfels. For over 15 years, the commander can no longer authorize us to hunt in Germany. We must get an auslander deutsche Jagdschein too, and all hunts at Graf and Hohenfels must be coordinated through the Bundesforst.

3. Craig Willey

Hunted:
    USA & Germany
    Ungerade-Fier Hirsch.jpg Here is a pic of my Ungerade-Fier Hirsch. Only 3-point IIIB hirsch ever taken at Hohenfels.

4. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Thank you for sharing the information and pictures.

5. Foxi

Foxi AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    when you wish something to know about hunting in Germany try www.landlive.de-than the bottom Jagd-its not so bad.My nickname there is Katzenfutter(no word for the english tongue)
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Zambia,Zimbabwe
    Hi Craig,
    Waidmannsheil for the Abschusshirsch.
    I see the "letzter Bissen" (the branch in the mouth,a respect to the animals,remember all given by God)
    Do you like Hohenfels forest ?
    Here a few pigs pics:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  6. BigSteve57

BigSteve57 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore MD,MD State Rifle & Pistol Assn., MD Rifle Club
    Hunted:
    USA, Namibia
    I like the branch in the mouth. We will start doing that when we hunt whitetails and other game like elk, moose & antelope.

7. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    That little dog about to come unglued looking out of that blind at the boars is an awesome picture
    Love it.

Wish we could hunt big game with our dogs. Miss my own shadow on those hunting days..

Nice trophies.

8. Craig Willey

Hunted:
    USA & Germany
    Foxi: Waidmannsdank! I love it working and hunting at Hohenfels. I run a training site that is about 500 meters from where I hunt, so during my lunch time, I can work on highseats and check the area. It cost to hunt here, but it is worth it. There are some mornings that I will see 100 to 200 Rotwild driving to my site; some mornings nothing. Depends on if I hit the grazing time. Since we had a mild winter, we will have a lot of Schwarzwild this season.

9. Foxi

Foxi AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Baujagd.jpg
    Hello Brickburn,

at home we say " Jagd ohne Hund ist Schund," it means "hunting without dogs is dung"
    Their nose and their fellowship, when you are in the woods;I need it and I love it.
    Above is a picture about foxhunting.
    In wintertime we run the fox to earth.
    With Dackel or with Terrier.
    The Terrier here is normaly to big for the den, but outside he was a good captor.
    His name was MT ,the phonetic in German for this word is " empty "and we called him so-but the letters mean Mike Tyson.:)You can imagine the character of this bunch of dynamite.
    But,when the fox doesn't jump ,or the dog doesn't come out, you have to dig.
    It' s really a bloody work.

@Big Steve: it's not so bad,sometimes to think what a hunter is doing.

Greetings
    Foxi

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  10. Big5

Big5 AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    SCI Life member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Russia
    Foxi . . . excellent photos, thanks!

11. JANEZ L

JANEZ L AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    LZS/ZLDGorenjske/LD Begunjscica
    Hunted:
    Slovenia, Croatia, Austria
  12. RickB

RickB AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA, WY)
    Love it! That Roe is a stud. I was there with my dad from 1995-1998. I was 16 at the time and went throught the process of getting my license. Was worth every second. Got to go out with one of my dads warrant officers who had a lease. Both times I got to choose the stand I wanted to sit in. And wouldnt you know it, he shot a Roe out of the others stand both times! My beginners unluck! I will never forget the second hunt. Not the greates shot and he knew it. Rather than push it. We backed out and got the forester. He brought his jack russel if memory serves me correct. About 200 yards in we found blood on a downed tree. He (the forester) told us to wait there. He returned about 20 minute later with a blood hound twice the size of a roe, And it was on! that dog took off and within 5 min he had found the deer. We would have never found that one if it wasnt for that dog! That was the first time I ever saw a dog work. Simply amazing!

As a side note my father was born in Germany. So we went to see family in 1997. Turns out his cousin was the Forester in Grafenwöhr if memory serves me right. Never had a chance to hunt there, but these are memories I will never forget. Right up there with the drive hunt on Ramstein AFB. Great times!

13. Foxi

Foxi AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Hi Rick,
    dogs on work,especially on bloodtracks ,are fascinating.
    A good and difficult dog-work, make me more happy ,than a good trophy.
    Here a Rothirsch,shot by a friend with his 7mm Rem Mag.,in the rut and my Weimaraner .
    The Caliber is good and the bullet was ,I belive, 160gr . Nosler Partition,in my mind ,one of the best bullets ever.But on big reed deers,the shootout is beginning by 8x68 or .300 Win Mag. up. Weimaraner und Hirsch.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014