Hunting Outfitter Reports / Reviews on AH...

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by James.Grage, May 11, 2011.

1. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
    If any of us have taken a Safari we should post a hunting report or review of the outfitter, this would help other looking to book a safari out.

Today i have taken the time to review Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa, and was disappointed for the number of reviews that were present.

We have members going monthly to Africa and posted pictures are on the forum, however very few go into the hunting outfitter page and place there review. This is very disappointing.

There are a few who have 4 or more reviews (usually a 5 stars) and they were positive. There were a few 1 stars and the reviews were information if you were going to try using that PH or outfitter.

There were many outfitters with 4 stars however the comments were all positive.

So if you are a hunter please post your review weather it is positive or not.:)

••••• The Hunting Reports section of the forum can be found by clicking here.

••••• Ratings and Reviews for Hunting Outfitters can be also be left in the Directory by clicking here, look for the hunting outfitter that you hunted with and click on "LEAVE YOUR RATING & REVIEW".

I posted mine this week for my November 2010 safari and it was a 4 star review. They did so many things to help me out and i wanted to add that today, however you are allowed one visit to the page and no corrections.
  2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    James, mine will be in there for sure.

I actually decided on my outfitters before I found AH and then happily discovered that the ones I did decide to go with were actually active members and supporters of this forum.

I am going to send an invoice to the outfitters beforehand for the wear and tear on my keyboard for what I write up:

The fee schedule:

One Star: Warthog
    Two Stars: Impala
    Three Stars: Kudu
    Four Stars: Nyala
    Five Stars: Cape Buffalo
    Six: offers
  3. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    James,
    Thanks so much for your post.
    I too really wish that more members would post hunting reports or reviews.
    I think sometimes people don't post reports because they feel that it has to be long or extensive or a lot of work but really this is not the case. To let everyone know, hunting reports or reviews can be a few sentences. By sharing just the basics, it provides value to those who are considering hunting outfitters. Of course, a play by play hunt report with a great story and pictures is always fun to read but just knowing that a few members have hunted with a particular outfitter and had a great experience is great information as well. It just helps hunters like yourself make better choices!
  4. James.Grage

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    I just thought that with all the expert advise on African safari's there should be many outfitter reviews...
  5. James.Grage

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    to the top for our hunter to use...