AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, KC SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA (Missouri, Iowa, Alabama, Virginia, Idaho), Cameroon, South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, Russia
Via an American friend of mine (who just conveniently married a Mongolian woman) I am working on a Mongolia trip for next late summer/fall. I think I want to key in on an Ibex, but am wondering what other species would overlap in habitat and hunting season? Anyone know? I obviously need to do a lot more research and planning over the next few months, but would appreciate any insight on what species I can expect to encounter (and take) if I plan an Ibex focused hunt.

Depends where you are at and what your budget. Persian Gazelle, Maral stag, and of course the holy grail - the Altai, Hangai and Gobi Argali. Argali will run you 45k-65k, Sorry too far north for Marco Polo but Altai Argali are the biggest species in the world anyway which should make it a lot easier to swallow. :)

You definitely need to be looking at non-resident requirements before you get too excited, you likely need to spend full price on an outfitter no matter who your friend married.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross