Hunting in South Africa - Cheaper?

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by Bushwack, Aug 20, 2009.

?

Will you ever again get better hunting prices / offers in the near future, than now?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2009.
  1. Yes, when the economy turns

15.4%
  2. I don't think so

84.6%
  1. Bushwack

Bushwack AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
    The economy seems to be every one's problems around the world now a days. South Africa are offering good and affordable hunting packages. Plains and Dangerous game hunts have come down, packages for 5, 7 and 10 days plains game lead the best offers with hunts starting under the $2500.00

If you ever considered hunting in South Africa, now would be an excellent time finding your hunt that suits your budget and GO...
  2. Calhoun

Calhoun AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI N.E. Wisconsin Chapter - WisNRA
    ..I do believe the prices will come down very soon! I think a lot of hunts are very inflated in Africa as well as the US. The best value for your dollar still seems to be Africa, but the daily rates & the ever increasing prices on the animals keep pushing the costs up and are keeping the hunters home!
    .. Daily rates have risen substantialy, between my first 2 safaris & even more now so. If you are hunting a major amount of animals I don't see daily rates tacked on as fair. Why? because by the time you are done you have another mini safari paid for and the daily animal rates should cover your food & lodging. $450 for a day of hunting I believe is out of whack for plains game!!
    $4,500 of daily rates for a 10 safari???
    ..If things continue as they are it will soon only be the rich hunting as the little players will be pushed to the side!!