Hunting East Cape Bushbuck

Yes it is a "slendid" animal to hunt, LOL enysse! I asked my PH at Touch Africa how is their bushbuck hunting for my June hunt and he said it is challenging but good with lots of opportunities. His are Limpopo bushbuck. Looking forward to that along with eland, hyena, waterbuck etc.

I'm so jealous of you sestoppelman (lol). I envy all the fun you are going to have!

Thank you! I expect to have a "slendid" time! LOL!

Same that my PH has told me, my hunting will be with Louis Van Bergen, Spiral Horn and he told me to be ready to spent a couple of days looking for a good one. I can not wait. I have Eland in my list as well. Sestoppelman, I wish you good luck. We will see our pictures

Nsok, Make sure that Louis goes through the bush before you. He's big enough he should break all the branches off so you don't get scratched up so much while you are hunting the bushbuck! Tell him I volunteered him for the job.

I hope to hunt the Limpopo, Chobe, and Harnessed Bushbuck yet. I'm still young and goal oriented.

Hi BRICKBURN, I will say Louis he to go first I will need it I am not small either, just 6,23 feet.
Two small guys looking for a big Bushbuck.

You both couldn't break enough enough thorns off to save me.
Have fun lurking through the brush looking for those BBB!

You all have a lot of great pics of your Bushbuck I hope to be able to post one when I get back in June from Hunterhill Safaris as that is one of the animals on my list. :D

I was fortunate enough to go over in May. Bushbuck was one of my top 3 animals. We went over near the Karoo to hunt. Very different from what most talk about here. They had some nice mountains that reminded me of parts of the western US. Steep slopes with rimrock at or near the top. We drove to the top glassing all of the way up. Then got out out and worked around the top looking into the draws. The draws were deep with lots of vegetation. In the 3rd draw I spotted a female. The PH then found the male with her. We eased part way down the hill. At one point I set up at 310 yards. The PH called me off the shot and said lets see if we can get closer. Worked down the hill. Got about 80 yards from the female. Found a male, but he was small. The PH was sure that there was a better ram there to start with. We spent 1 1/2 hours glassing. Finally as we headed down the ridge the wind swirled into the draw and out came the bushbuck. I sat down and tried my first shot at 308 yards. We had a short set of sticks and I wasn't comfortable. Missed the first shot. Got a hit on the second. Got excited and just jerked the trigger on the 3rd. I settled down and made a good shot on the 4th shot. He cartwheeled down the slope into the heavy brush. We had fun locating him... The PH and tracker couldn't find him. I went to using my rangefinder to get to approximately the right distance. Then I went downhill from there and found him dead. Teeth were wore down to the gums. The PH said that he was 13 or 14 years old. Only about 12 inch horns, but a great trophy in my eyes. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture. Bruce

bushbuck

I'm not having any luck adding pics. Maybe later. If anyone wants to PM me step by step..... I have them saved on my desktop. Bruce

Bushbuck

Africa 2011 099.jpg Africa 2011 085.jpg Africa 2011 086.jpg
If I have this right their should be a picture of my Bushbuck and a couple of the area we were hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg