Hunting Dominican Republic - Any hunting going on there?

Discussion in 'Hunting Mexico, Central & South America' started by 93x62, Feb 23, 2011.

1. 93x62

93x62 AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SJF
    Hunted:
    SA & Namibia NZ Hungary USA Nordic countries Scotland
    Hi guys,

Im going to the Dominican Republic next week and would like to know if there is any possibility for hunting there.

Thanks!

2. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    This is the last update that I've seen, perhaps others have seen something newer. Bob

Dominican Government bans all hunting

SANTO DOMINGO. - The Environment Ministry (Semarena) today banned the hunting in the entire national territory and suspended all previously issued permits and licenses of all activities that lead to the capture, death, or harassment of wild fauna, and the harvest of eggs, nests and derivatives.
    Environment minister Jaime David Fernandez Mirabal said Semarena resolution 11-2009 replaces resolution 15-07
    The official made the announcement when he presented Semarena's calendar for 2009, called "The country that we want," which contains 73 zones that comprise Dominican Republic's protected areas.
    Fernandez Mirabal said the calendar is an example of the country's wealth in biodiversity, and seeks to emphasize the importance of protecting the natural resources and the prevention of forest fires.