Hunting concessions in Mozambique

Daniel Vanwyk

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am a Zimbabwean citizen, farming in Mozambique. I will be completing my Zimbabwe professional hunters licence within the next two years.

Recently Some friends of mine from south africa have gave me the task of finding them a hunting concession in Mozambique. So far it seems like a monumental task, especially as i don't have all the "contacts".

I have spoken personally to some people at the tourism department who seemed very keen to help and told me about some great potential areas. We chatted for a while, exchanged numbers and email address's.

Next day i sent them an email titled "detailed information required". In this email i asked about these areas they mentioned..... it went like this.

Dear Gentlemen.

Thank you for our conversation in connection with the acquiring of a hunting concession on tuesday 2nd july.

As per our conversation you mentioned that their were three possible areas that will potentially be available. Namely Mwiriti, Namoto/Niassa and Balama. Please may you update or correct this statement if necessary.

In order to communicate acceptable information to my investors please may you provide me the following.

1. Boundary coordinates for these areas.
2. Land area size in acres, hectares or Square kilometers.
3. Previous and current species quota for each area respectively.
4. If the areas are currently occupied by other safari operators, villages or communities.
5. Any infrastructure in terms of immovable assets that have already been established within theses areas and whom they belong to.
6. Also very important. In the same context as was explained to me, if you may write a detailed description of each area. N.B.... Types of vegetation and terrain. Available water, rivers or pans. Population density in terms of villages and mashambas if any. Species of animals in each area and possibly descriptions, population density, and trophy quality of the dangerous species i.e... Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, leopard and hippo.
7. Any issues with poaching and poachers that have or are still currently affecting these ares.

As soon as you have provided me with as much of this information as possible, then i will be in the best position to make a presentation to my investors.

I eagerly await your reply.

Kind regards
Daniel.

This all seems like a reasonable request. i got a reply.......

Thanks for E-mail. And I am going to meet with Mr. Naungi and Abdala, to discuss about it, and then a will contact you.

Mariano Matias.

I waited a week then gave them a call. The first response was.... no i haven't any information, i'm out of the office right now. I will speak to the other guy and call you back later...... Didn't call back, so i called again...... The guy said, i have sent an email.... well i haven't received any emails from you, then he said. Let me check, maybe it failed. That was about another week ago. I've tried and tried to call them back. But this time they're not answering their phones. WHAT AN UNRELIABLE DOG SHOW!

So then i sent an email to the Chairman of AMOS Mozambican safaris operators..... haven't had a reply.
I have sent emails to MITUR ministry of tourism and had no replies. Is it just me or am i dealing with some very unreliable and lazy individuals. In this case i think i would have to pay up a sum of pocket money to get things going, which is the usual case in these parts.

Please if their is any one at all that might be able to lead me in the right direction to getting a hunting concession in Mozambique, i will be so very happy!!

Thanks for taking your time to read through this, and perhaps if you can send me some advise.

Daniel.

Daniel, Welcome to AH.
Good luck with your PH license and certifications.

There are several Outfitters here on AH that have hunting rights or leases on various Coutada in Mozambique.
Read some reports and offers and maybe contact them directly.

I am reminded of the reply I got from the Mozambique Consular Affairs when I called about my Visa: "You must be patient sir..."

Welcome to AH Daniel! All the best with your PH license and your endeavors!

Welcome to AH Daniel! Enjoy the site and good luck with your future plans.

Welcome to AH.

What Brickburn said.

As you know by living there:

T.I.A.

All the best in your endeavors.

Daniel, every time I am in Maputo, I see new people wanting to acquire hunting concessions in Mozambique, painted with dreams of honey and milk. I don't think there is a harder country to operate. Be prepared to have very deep pockets and a world of patience. Feel free to contact me.

Welcome to AH and good luck!

Welkom Daniel, dit is maar 'n tydsame proses in Afrika soos jy sal weet! Sterkte en hoop jy kry alles reg daar bo. Die wereld is darem pragtig!

Welcome to AH.

What Brickburn said.

As you know by living there:

T.I.A.

All the best in your endeavors.

That about sums it up from my experience!

T.I.A.

. Be prepared to have very deep pockets and a world of patience.

So now we know you have very deep pockets.:)

Thanks guys for your warm welcome, advice and best wishes. I will endeavor in my pursuits, and keep posting maybe someone will need the experience i'm about to gain.

Look forward to hearing about your exploits in this process.

Wheels, I don't even have pockets, otherwise I wouldn't have a toy to play with.

Wheels, I don't even have pockets, otherwise I wouldn't have a toy to play with.

You already let the cat out of the bag Simon.

I have always wanted to have a friend with very deep pockets. Can I be part of your entourage?

Can I be part of your entourage?

Wheels,

I will be happy with being part of your entourage, while you are being part of Simon's!

Wheels,

I will be happy with being part of your entourage, while you are being part of Simon's!

I don't have very deep pockets. We will see if Simon lets us both in.;)

You already let the cat out of the bag Simon.

I have always wanted to have a friend with very deep pockets. Can I be part of your entourage?

I've got deep pockets..........................but you'll only find lint at the bottom of them. :unsure:o_O:cool:

Wait, that's not true. Depending on timing, if you reach into my pockets you'll cross paths with family members hands reaching into my pocket the few times you may find something other than lint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg