Hunting Cape Buffalo at Night

I still would like to know why someone who had five days left on their hunt would agree to hunt buff at night. Sorry I believe their responsibility on both parties. I would not be comfortable or want to hunt buffalo at night not only for the cost, safety, but really the experience of hunting dangerous game.

I just would like to better understand and I apologize if I am missing something, but I would be interested in what that conversation sounded like when being told we were going after buff at night. At the end of the day glad WALKING PREY got her buff.

Lessons Learned,

dt

Hi there dtarin09,

Not trying to be too huge of a smartass here but, hopefully the answers to your: "I still would like to know why" etc., etc. and "I just would like to better understand" etc., etc. comments are possibly contained in the 4th paragraph of my post dated Oct-15th, not too far back in this subject (I think my Oct-15th rambling might be on this same page here, just a few posts back).
Said paragraph begins with: "It seems to me" etc., etc.

It has been difficult to post replies to posts for me at times without ruffling feathers and so if I have ruffled yours here, such was not my intent.
My intent was just to post a respectful reply to your apparent request for clarity on this subject.

Kind regards,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
No offense taken. Just trying to learn from Walking Prey's experience. What I will say that I appreciate and value is Walking Prey's "vulnerability" so others may better learn from her mistakes and experience. I also appreciate the candid exchange of ideas, positions, opinions, and desire for all those involved to know the full story.

After exchanging message's with Walking Prey I understand her quandary and have learned from her shared story. I wish her the best on her upcoming buff hunt in 16.

Velo Dog: I think it is good to ruffle the feathers that means we are passionate about the same subject and usually when not taken personally both sides gain perspective with an open mind and are better for it.

Jerome: Thanks again for founding this forum. It has saved me many headaches and I have learned from those more experienced that I. At the same time you have my commitment to contribute to the value of the forum.

Gained Perspective,

dt

No offense taken. Just trying to learn from Walking Prey's experience. What I will say that I appreciate and value is Walking Prey's "vulnerability" so others may better learn from her mistakes and experience. I also appreciate the candid exchange of ideas, positions, opinions, and desire for all those involved to know the full story.

After exchanging message's with Walking Prey I understand her quandary and have learned from her shared story. I wish her the best on her upcoming buff hunt in 16.

Velo Dog: I think it is good to ruffle the feathers that means we are passionate about the same subject and usually when not taken personally both sides gain perspective with an open mind and are better for it.

Jerome: Thanks again for founding this forum. It has saved me many headaches and I have learned from those more experienced that I. At the same time you have my commitment to contribute to the value of the forum.

Gained Perspective,

dt

Thanks Dtarin09,

I agree with you that it is good to ruffle feathers, within reason.

Some folks around here might not agree with you or I on that (low self esteem/thin skinned perhaps?) but oy vey for them.

It's good to have my feathers ruffled once in awhile, that's one thing that is for sure.

It forces me to think about other people and other things, instead of only what's contained within my self absorbed / tiny little opinion.

Cheerio,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcdowall

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!