Hunting Bushpig

Have a look at the biggest red river hog I ever seen and shot in CAR. 102 kg !!!!! huge. It took me 3 years to get it. He was living in a cave!!!!!

Attachments

• P1100824.jpg
    P1100824.jpg
    791.3 KB · Views: 256
  • P1100812.jpg
    P1100812.jpg
    776.7 KB · Views: 247
  • P1100816.JPG
    P1100816.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 251
Christophe,

Thats a monstrous Red river hog , great trophy , congrats !! what caliber did you take it with ??

Monish

Congrats on the hard earned trophy.

His mane looks short. Is that from age or difference in coats from one area to the next ect.

Like most of the hunter going in Africa, he used a 375HH Christiensen (nice rifle).
Yes it's a very big one,the biggest I ve seen, it is going to be a wonderful full mount.

It is not a mane, more like a crest running along the back, short hairs and white, very nice colour. They are really different to the bushpig you find in eastern africa.

Christophe,
that is an awesome hog! Well done. It is awesome working on something for such a long time and having so many failures before success - the feeling of accomplishment is super! Really glad to hear that you had a three year affair with this character. I have had a few myself, with various characters, but right now I am in two fatal long-term relationships. One with a leopard and one with a lion. The leopard I have surrendered to the fact that it may end in heart-break for me because it has now been over 10 years and with the lion it is in the fourth year but hopefully this year we get to meet in person :) Cheers Bwana,

good luck in your quest bwana, let me know when you get both cats....

What is a good bush Pig?

The trophy are the tusks for the book but they are not impressive and you can't really look for that in the field.For me a good bushpig is a fully grown boar. You can really focus on the tusks because you can't see. The main thing to focus are the warts on the muzzle, bigger they are bigger is the boar, not always easy to see but it is the way to select a trophy boar.
You can see on the picture, the skull of a good boar, the bones on the side form the warts. Remenber that there no warts on the sows.
Cheers

Attachments

• P1030648.jpg
    P1030648.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 243
  • P1030995.jpg
    P1030995.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 276
  • P1040020.JPG
    P1040020.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 243
  • P1100819.jpg
    P1100819.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 237
Christophe,

.375 H&H is a fantastic caliber and it gave the due treatment to bag such a classic trophy .

Thanks

Monish

Not too bad caliber, you have to use the right ammo. I do prefer the 404 jeffery !!! But on a bushpig a 7mm is enough.
cheers

Christophe,

You suggest correct of proper grain usage from 235 to 300 STs one can bag any plains or dangerous game with it ,.404 Jeffrys a immaculate caliber too , lots of tiger & leopard hunting in India was done by this caliber, which was once very popular.

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross