Hunting Angola The Long Awaited Reopening Announced

@gizmo i bumped into someone i know at sci who gave me a brochure for their angola concession. its in cuando cubango province of angola.

View attachment 59528
i cant find a website but have mailed them to ask. they have offices in namibia and usa. if you want i can pm you the usa office no. trophy fees for most animals are i think on par with other countries govnt hunting areas. apart from the brochure and talking to him i havent heard anything else.
It was just curiosity. Thanks though

Definitely a sign you pay attention to!

View attachment 59537

Huge bushmeat trade, plus all of the damage done during the civil war.... In talking to Bossie Mostert there is more game than you hear about in many areas, but the larger animals in particular were hammered hard.

If/when hunting really opens back up this would be a gran adventure! Bur definitely and adventure and not for the faint of heart.

If I ever hunt Angola, I want to go with you. You can even take the lead. By about 25 meters!:D

If I ever hunt Angola, I want to go with you. You can even take the lead. By about 25 meters!:D

I'm light though. I might not even set one off!!! :A Blowup:

I'm light though. I might not even set one off!!! :A Blowup:

That is a problem for me.:eek:

With "The Blade Runner" having legal problems, going to Angola, might get my card punched to the Handicapped Olympics. :oops: I was about to say Special Olympics, but people tell me I am already qualified for that.:D

I wouldn't mind being the guini pig but it's a moot point as I don't have the $$$$

Couldn't we all just get a bunch of rats to sweep the mine fields? They're really good at finding mines and they're too small to set them off.

Maybe if its a 2x1 hunt, each hunter can take turns doing this..........flip a coin at the outset of the hunt.....:LOL:

In all seriousness, talk about a job that would make your butthole pucker everyday you went to work......God Bless our men and women in the armed forces.

minesweeper2.jpg

Attachments

• minesweeper2.jpg
    minesweeper2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you Simon. Not going!

Brains over balls.....

That southeastern part of Angola could be so special for wildlife, I do hope they get it figured out.

That southeastern part of Angola could be so special for wildlife, I do hope they get it figured out.

Phil: I agree. Unfortunately Cuando Cubango Province was one of the most heavily mined areas.

upload_2016-4-18_11-21-9.png

So it's been 2 years. Is the prospect of Angolan big game hunting officially dead or is there that itsy bitsy teeny weeny glimmer of that rarest of species: hope?

Seems unlikely it will ever open again. About as much chance as Kenya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcdowall

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!