Hunters in fiction

tigris115

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Now since the last time I talked here went SO WELL:mad:, I decided to calm myself down by discussing something that I'd be interested in hearing some opinions on: Hunting in the world of fiction. This can include movies, TV shows, books, and video games that depict the act of the hunt in one way or another and discuss where they've did their homework on hunting or if they just decided that a dude with a gun in the jungle was enough. Also, I don't think we should be discussing anti-hunting depictions that much because if we did, we'd be here all day.

What's your favourite?

I haven't have THAT much exposure to these kind of characters but I can say that at the moment, it's Roland Tembo from The Lost World: Jurassic Park. I felt that it was kind of weak due to the fact that I couldn't feel for any of the characters with the exception of him. He's likeable, smart and of you watched a deleted scene where his bud Ajay talks to him in Mombasa about Isla Sorna, we see that he has motives for trying to gun down the T. rex and when Ajay is converted to raptor chow, we can feel how broken he is by the fact that he lost a true friend. It also helped that his actor (Pete Postlethwaite) did a great job with the character and may he rest in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg