adriw

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
DSC, SCI, PHASA, SA Hunters, WRSA
Hunters are further restricted from entering their trophies to the Netherlands.The government extends the ban with a large number of species, among which the white rhino, elephant, cheetah, hippo, polar bear and lion. In total, there are 200 species on the list.

The issue of hunting trophies an American dentist became topical last year when Zimbabwe 's popular lion Cecil shot dead and a photograph of the dead animal placed on the Internet. International was reacted with outrage and a call for the so-called trophy hunters to ban swelled.

General prohibitions
Van Dam State Secretary for Economic Affairs wants general import ban on hunting trophies of these species coming within Europe. "The shooting of protected animals for use as a trophy goes against his chest."

Incidentally, is not often that hunters self shot wild animals to take home.Hunters previously have a hunting license required in the country of origin.

Hunters often leave the animals by shooting them up when they are back in the Netherlands. In a studio in Utrecht which usually pets intent, will sometimes ask for trophies inside. The hunters do not want the animals to be set up in aggressive posture. "If you are a beast in your living room would you like its looks quiet," says Wesley Kevenaar taxidermist.

A total of 27 applications made between 2012 and 2015 to bring a trophy to the Netherlands. It was lions, bears, elephants, panthers, goats, monkeys, wolves and lynxes. Seventeen applications were rejected, the ministry reported.

http://nos.nl/artikel/2101998-invoer-van-jachttrofee-verder-aan-banden.html

Another reason (if any was needed - the transit permit for firearms is a pain) for not flying KLM or transiting the Netherlands if you are a hunter.

We have got to vote with our wallets. It is one of the few tools we have to make people think before they adopt ridiculous and unscientific positions.

@Hank2211 concur on voting with wallets. Sad to think that if the antis get their way, many of the species we now hunt may very well go extinct within our lifetime - all avoidable if science and logic are heeded.

Voting with $$$$$
Sad that countries in Europe and then the us want to ban what residents have hunted in a legal hunt elsewhere. It should be left up to the country where the animal is hunted.
End of rant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you