Hunt Offered to benefit Pathways Residence South Africa

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by CT Safaris, Dec 20, 2012.

1. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe Mozambique, USA
    When life throws curve balls at us (as it does from time-to-time) we tend to focus on our own sorrows and forget about all the positive things we have to be thankful for.

Well, on a personal level, I've experienced my share of "bad luck" this year but at the same time the blessings I received by far outweighed any negative experiences I may have had and Jerome's post about Johnny Vivier and Pathways Residence made me think about this.

I've already pledged 20% of the Daily rates from the next hunt I book through AH towards the Pathways Residence project. Here is a Plains Game offer to go along with that pledge:

One Hunter pays - Observer or second Hunter stays / hunts for Free

20% of the Daily rates for the paying hunter will go directly towards the Pathways fund

Here are the details:

• Arrival Day - $150
    • 7 Hunting days @ $450p/d - $3,300
    • Tax - $462
    • Total - $3,762

So for $3,762, one hunter hunting 1X1 can bring one observer along for free or two hunters can come and hunt for 7 days on a 2X1 basis. Of the total Daily Rates payable, $660 will go directly to the Pathways Residence fund. Should one Hunter and Observer book this hunt, the saving between the two of them will be $1,767 plus they will be contributing to a very worthwhile cause. If two hunters book this hunt the saving between the two of them will be $2,166 off regular 2X1 rates.

The hunt will be conducted here from our ranch in Limpopo Province where we hunt directly from camp on 10,000 acres of land and depending on the species selected to hunt also on other ranches nearby. We do not hunt any small areas.

The deposit required to book this hunt will be $660 - which will be paid directly into the Pathways fund so as to get the money to the project as quickly as possible. The balance of the hunt costs will be payable 30 days prior to the start date of the hunt.

Species available on this hunt are:

Species Trophy Fee (US$)

Baboon 125
    Blesbok (Common) 400
    Blesbok (White) 550
    Bushbuck 1000
    Bushpig 450
    Caracal 500
    Civet 300
    Duiker (Grey) 350
    Eland (Cape) 2200
    Eland (Livingstone) 3000
    Gemsbok (Oryx) 1400
    Genet 300
    Giraffe 3000
    Grysbok (Sharpes) 3500
    Hartebeest (Red) 1400
    Honey Badger (permit permitting) 500
    Hyena (Brown) 1500
    Impala (Southern) 350
    Jackal (Black-Backed) 100
    Klipspringer 1000
    Kudu 2000
    Nyala 2750
    Ostrich 500
    Reedbuck (Common) 1000
    Reedbuck (Mountain) 1000
    Sable 12000
    Serval 1000
    Steenbuck 350
    Tsessebe 3500
    Warthog 350
    Waterbuck 1900
    Wildebeest (Blue) 1000
    Zebra (Burchell's) 1400

I hope someone will take me up on this offer and help us to contribute to this worthwhile cause.

Best,
  2. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
    That is very generous of you Chris.
  3. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Counting blessings...

Halfed day rates for hunters, you hunt with a good operator and a donation to a worthy cause. No brainer!
  4. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Well done Chris. If I hadn't just gotten back from Mozambique, I'd jump on this. Merry Christmas and God Bless!