hunt of a life time

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by tap, Sep 14, 2013.

1. arizona

arizona SILVER SUPPORTER AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africia, Botswana, Alaska, Canada, Most Western US
    Tap, congratulations, I am so happy you went on the hunt, what an experience and memories you have. Continued blessings in your life, thanks for sharing your feelings.

2. Paw Print

Paw Print SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA HSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique
    Hi Tap,glad you went and what a blessing to take such an ele at the end of a great era.God bless and good luck.

3. sanderson0203

sanderson0203 AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC life member, SCI
    Hunted:
    Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, Alaska, Namibia
    What a great story and wow, what a pic of an awesome bull elephant. This is such a strange thing to have happened to you but at least that chapter of your life is closed. All my best in regards to your kids and I would make darn sure to use all her infidelity against her with as much detail as possible to aid your cause of keeping the kids.
    Now to that safari story...that would have been so amazing and I am so thankful for you sharing it with us. I am wondering if you took any photos of these groups of bulls that you saw after you determined you were not going to shoot them? It would be awesome to see a little of what you witnessed so we could all share it.
    Glad you went on that hunt and all the best to beginning your new life and God Bless.

4. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Tony

Thank you for sharing your story. I was wondering where you have been. My eye surgery was mild compaired to what you are going through.

What A great Elephant. And i do mean that, The kind of elephant that dreams are made of.

5. Wheels

Wheels GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
    WOW!!! A great elephant 100 years ago. A fantastic elephant 50 years ago. The elephant of the year and the elephant of a lifetime today! Way to close out an era. Hopefully Botswana/Khama will change their mind in time and others will be able to have the same opportunity in the future. This is a dream hunt of mine. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you. I am truly happy for you.

Thanks for sharing the picture and am looking forward to the other pictures. If you have any pictures of the ones you passed on that would be amazing too. Good to have you posting again. Hope to hear more from you in the future. Your excitement, enthusiasm and passion comes through in your posts and is enjoyable to read. AH is a better place with you here.

All the best with your children, business and future hunting. Thanks for sharing your faith. God Bless!

6. tap

tap AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Ok guys. Its sunday and I have a little time to breathe. following are a slew of pics and the ah site usually isn't kind to me when up loading so here goes.

the bull in front had about 48" sticking out and this was the first group we saw. The bull in the back closest to the camera was about 20" at the lip according to the ph and was a shooter by everyones standards that he knew of including himself. However this beast was a one tusker and I wanted 2. So I passed them both up.
    IMG_0868.jpg

heres a pic of the bull I shot
    IMG_1126.jpg

heres another long tusk big one I passed
    IMG_1102.jpg

heres some random bulls we saw and one of the two long tuskers that ran together. THey were so similar I cant tell you which was which. They were both pushing the 70lb mark
    IMG_1098.jpg IMG_0888.jpg IMG_0865.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg DSCN0181.jpg

heres swamp bull. He was in the same spot in the same swamp every day, all day long.
    IMG_1067.jpg

and heres my bull before I shot him. When I shot him he fell and broke his right tusk at the lip. The video shows it all. Its pretty cool.
    IMG_1130.jpg IMG_1144.jpg IMG_1150.jpg

There were many other big bulls but I cant remember whos who. It was simply an amazing sight to keep seeing such big bulls

7. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Fantastic pics Tony and that Buffalo looks like he's looking for a wall to hang on. Congrats again my friend and thanks for the pics.

8. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Fantastic pics tap. But on a lighter note........I would swear some time ago, I saw pictures of this west Texas boy wearing both University of Oklahoma and Nebraska gear. The Sooner gear I might could've got, but not with Nebraska too.

And now, I find this west Texas boy wearing a throw back cap of MY Baltimore Orioles! If you only knew how much crap I've caught from my Texan in-laws about my Orioles and Ranger this Ranger that blah blah blah I've had to listen to.

9. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    Special Elle indeed, wow the Jealousy... is creeping up in a big way (all in good spirit of course mate)....

Super Super Super......

My best always.

10. Norwegianwoods

Norwegianwoods SILVER SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
    Congrats with a great bull and great experiences while hunting him.

Sad to hear about your family situation and I hope it will all end for the best for you and your kids.
    I am in a similar situation fighting my ex-wife for custody of our 2 kids, so I can relate to how you feel about it.

Take good care of yourself and you kids and thank you very much for sharing your great experience in Botswana.

11. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    The smile says it all Tony. That is an incredible trophy.

Glad you went on your own "guided" hunt.

Congratulations.

12. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Thanks for sharing Tony! Glad you ended up going... Hope to see you at the SCIC in Vegas next year... Take care of yourself!

13. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Glad you pulled it all together, Bud. Don't waste your time on crap you can't change..there's just too many good things in life to look forward to.

14. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Great hunt Tony. Glad you went thru with it after all......... Life dealt me a similar blow 23 years ago. At the time I didn't know if I could make it past all the hurt. I trusted that God knew what was in store for me and it was all going to be better. It was and is. Good luck with the whole situation and never give up. With God in your corner, all things are possible.

15. Stan-Elephant Trail

Stan-Elephant Trail AH Veteran

My Photos:
  16. Mtgoat

Mtgoat AH Veteran

Member of:
    SCI, NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Canada (BC, SK, Nunavut & NWT), US (Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Nebraska, New Mexico, NY, Ohio, South Dakota, Texas, & Washington)
    Tap,
    Congrats on a great bull and more important blessings and guidance as you move into the next phase of your life - whatever that may hold.

17. tap

tap AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    I just received a call from my ph today. It looks like I will be making another trip to south africa this year and this time I couldn't be happier. Life is possible after an ordeal like I just came through and things are looking up. I'm super excited to be alive and I didn't think that would be possible.

So if everything goes right I will be back in africa for the month of may. In addition I just recently received word from Johan Calitz that my elephant was officially the largest combined tusk weight elephant shot in Botswana this year. Im not concerned with bragging rights as much as I am seeing that god truly is trying to spoil me. Where that stacks up with the remainder of the elephants shot in africa this year I'm not sure but to shoot a combined tusk weight of 175lbs is something I will never forget. I've never been elephant hunting before and to see an ele that size up close and in person was one of the most amazing sights I've ever seen.

Lets hope my next safari is as exciting.

18. bluey

bluey GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
    Hunted:
    australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)
    glad your back in the game tap .
    well done on your elephant , it must be an honour to do so well on your one and only elle hunt .
    looking foreward to reading about the next chapter in your hunting .
    hope you had a great xmas ,mate :victory:

19. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Wow, 175 lbs.!!!! Congrats, hope you have some more good hunts.

20. RickB

RickB AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA)
    Truly an amazing animal. Congrats again and hopefully your next hunt will be as memorable as your last. I am sure the man upstairs will make it happen for you.:)